Kendal Calling 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
With T in the Park not being on this year, I've got a feeling it there could be quite a few mad jocks there off their tits walking round wanting to fight everyone.

Mind, the fact that the sun shone last year was a huge plus. Year before it was like the Somme. And don't pitch yer tents next to the bogs! Particularly if it's going to piss down!
Same is true for any UK festival though. This is my 17th in a row and it's been wet as much as it's been dry.

With T in the Park not being on this year, I've got a feeling it there could be quite a few mad jocks there off their tits walking round wanting to fight everyone.
Why? This never happened at T when I was there.

Same is true for any UK festival though. This is my 17th in a row and it's been wet as much as it's been dry.

Why? This never happened at T when I was there.
I always thought it was rough at T, deaths, people getting attacked etc and that's why it was pulled this year?

Frank Turner headlining Saturday night confirmed. Apparently he's their most-requested artist, but I still think he's an odd one. I mean half of the people I'm going with won't know a single song by him.

Frank Turner headlining Saturday night confirmed. Apparently he's their most-requested artist, but I still think he's an odd one. I mean half of the people I'm going with won't know a single song by him.
Can't get away with him meself. Supposed to be indi/folk/punk or some shit but it's just poorly wrote pop music for me. His song writing is shit . Just my opinion like

Can't get away with him meself. Supposed to be indi/folk/punk or some shit but it's just poorly wrote pop music for me. His song writing is shit . Just my opinion like
I think he's a great songwriter when he gets it right but he does make some clunkers. Maybe it's the flaws that make him more man of the people than someone like James Bay.
I just don't understand why he's still under the radar. His last two albums went to #2, he sells out all his shows, and his fans are fiercely loyal. Maybe it's just not media friendly enough?

I don't think any of it could be described as pop music mind. He does stray into AOR territory as he gets older, but then he does something like this:

Last edited:
It's all about opinions but I think he's an excellent songwriter. He live performances are tremendous too.

Missed last year after going the previous 2 and bought my tickets in for this one when they were released last year. Looking forward to it, we get access to upstairs in the jagerhaus stage so free jäger for 4 days which is quality.

Missed last year after going the previous 2 and bought my tickets in for this one when they were released last year. Looking forward to it, we get access to upstairs in the jagerhaus stage so free jäger for 4 days which is quality.
How have you managed that and have you space for one more? ;) :lol:

It's all about opinions but I think he's an excellent songwriter. He live performances are tremendous too.
Agree on both. Cracking show on Friday night. :DHe's playing his first US arena show this tour (Boston) - as Herbal says, it's amazing how little he seems to be known outside of his fanbase and yet he keeps playing bigger and bigger venues and selling records

Reactions: mux
I think he's a great songwriter when he gets it right but he does make some clunkers. Maybe it's the flaws that make him more man of the people than someone like James Bay.
I just don't understand why he's still under the radar. His last two albums went to #2, he sells out all his shows, and his fans are fiercely loyal. Maybe it's just not media friendly enough?

I don't think any of it could be described as pop music mind. He does stray into AOR territory as he gets older, but then he does something like this:

Man of the people? Isn't he properly middle class?

Edit: My apologies, he isn't at all middle class as he went to school with prince William. :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back