Kendal Calling 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

With that line-up i will go without a shadow of doubt- just find me a way to be there- better than the big ones

I was thinking about going, but the line up is terrible for me.
The few people who I'd go to see are mostly on at bearded theory anyway.

I can't make it this year due to my works holidays being different from last year. Luckily there's no one on who I'm really gutted about missing (well maybe the Manics, but I've seen them about 10 times anyway). Doing the Deershed instead.

Last edited:
Pretty good that

Manics, Frightened Rabbit, Field Music, Honeyblood, Brian Wilson and Seasick Steve are the highlights

If The Coral primarily play their latest album they'll be well worth seeing. Also, The Comet Is Coming are fantastic (if a tad weird for your average Stereophonics fan)

I can't make it this year due to my works holidays being different from last year. Luckily there's no one on who I'm really gutted about missing (well maybe the Manics, but I've seen them about 10 times anyway). Doing the Deershed instead.

Deer Shed's line up is looking pretty good, although I'm not entirely sure how Arab Strap can make a lot of their material even vaguely child friendly.

If The Coral primarily play their latest album they'll be well worth seeing. Also, The Comet Is Coming are fantastic (if a tad weird for your average Stereophonics fan)

Deer Shed's line up is looking pretty good, although I'm not entirely sure how Arab Strap can make a lot of their material even vaguely child friendly.
Well Cabbage are on as well as AS but they're on the In The Dock Stage which is out of the way of the Main Stage and the families.

Got to say its a awful line up this year, that poster reads like Reading 2004. Saying that, having been the last couple of years maybe those are the kind of bands people want to see...

Got to say its a awful line up this year, that poster reads like Reading 2004. Saying that, having been the last couple of years maybe those are the kind of bands people want to see...
They are. Main stage is basically a singalong for the over 30s innit?

At Leeds I stomp round all the stages with my timetable, trying to find bands I've heard of.
At Kendal if it's sunny I'll just kick back at main stage all day. We didn't even have a timetable last year

Last edited:
They are. Main stage is basically a singalong for the over 30s innit?

At Leeds I stomp round all the stages with my timetable, trying to find bands I've heard of.
At Kendal if it's sunny I'll just kick back at main stage all day. We didn't even have a timetable last year

Well lets hope that when more calling out acts are announced that something decent turns up, on that announcement I'll be spending the whole weekend in the real ale tent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back