Kendal Calling 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The savvy among us get them a year in advance on interest free credit. Works out about £14 a month.
Just got mine - worth going for Frank Turner alone. Going to Dunkirk to see him in March when he kicks off his French tour.

First time for me at Kendal Calling like Dave - what's it like ? I've done Bestival half a dozen times, Leeds and a few regionals - comparable to any of them or totally different?

Just got mine - worth going for Frank Turner alone. Going to Dunkirk to see him in March when he kicks off his French tour.

First time for me at Kendal Calling like Dave - what's it like ? I've done Bestival half a dozen times, Leeds and a few regionals - comparable to any of them or totally different?
It's nowt like Leeds in that there are loads of families pulling their kids around in little carts and less of the gangs of feral teens. The whole thing has a much more laid back vibe. Fancy dress, parades, art installations and things like that.
It will be the 15th time I've seen Frank n'all.

Reactions: mux
It's nowt like Leeds in that there are loads of families pulling their kids around in little carts and less of the gangs of feral teens. The whole thing has a much more laid back vibe. Fancy dress, parades, art installations and things like that.
He's an absolute Tory twat

Great effort. It'll be 8th for me. Only twice last year, Leeds fest then Edinburgh. Always tremendous.

He's an absolute Tory twat
How do you come to that conclusion? Not that it matters like.

Great effort. It'll be 8th for me. Only twice last year, Leeds fest then Edinburgh. Always tremendous.

How do you come to that conclusion? Not that it matters like.
Perhaps he's like to tell us the political stance of all the artists so we know which ones to avoid

Reactions: mux

See ya there mate!

He appears to have changed his mind politically after he shit himsel after declaring he was right wing
He said "right wing", he never said Tory. I doubt a Tory would have written the Thatcher song.

This. 5th year running and wouldn't miss it now. Class atmosphere apart from the fat Manc who threw piss on my wife during Noel Gallagher last year......
It's my 4th year. We had so much fun last year we didn't even wait for the line ups to be announced before deciding where to go this year.

Last edited:
Mind, the fact that the sun shone last year was a huge plus. Year before it was like the Somme. And don't pitch yer tents next to the bogs! Particularly if it's going to piss down!

He said "right wing", he never said Tory. I doubt a Tory would have written the Thatcher song.

It's my 4th year. We had so much fun last year we didn't even wait for the line ups to be announced before deciding where to go this year.
This mate. Just wander round and take in anything. One of last year's highlights was in Tim Peakes Diner when the singer of a Joy Divisionish band jumped out of the window mid-set and done a runner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back