Kendal Calling 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's a great songwriter when he gets it right but he does make some clunkers. Maybe it's the flaws that make him more man of the people than someone like James Bay.
I just don't understand why he's still under the radar. His last two albums went to #2, he sells out all his shows, and his fans are fiercely loyal. Maybe it's just not media friendly enough?

I don't think any of it could be described as pop music mind. He does stray into AOR territory as he gets older, but then he does something like this:

That is dreadful.

Man of the people? Isn't he properly middle class?

Edit: My apologies, he isn't at all middle class as he went to school with prince William. :lol:
FFS.

Edit: My apologies, he isn't at all middle class as he went to school with prince William. :lol:
Tbf that's hardly his fault. He then went to LSE, but instead of becoming a banker like his mates and f***ing us all over, he decided to become a singer and do things the hard way. Not sure what your point is.

Reactions: mux

Born in Bahrain, where his father worked as an investment banker.
His granda is/was a Sir and former chairman of BHS.
Went to Eton with wor Wills.

Of course he's a man of the people!

Tbf that's hardly his fault. He then went to LSE, but instead of becoming a banker like his mates and f***ing us all over, he decided to become a singer and do things the hard way. Not sure what your point is.

I'm sure it was very hard, and not funded at all by his wealthy family.

I think I might burst. :lol:

I'm sure it was very hard, and not funded at all by his wealthy family.
Sittin in flats in East London mate. Bet they were proper little squats. Tarquin passing round the dirty needle and a bit tin foil.

I think I might burst. :lol:

Sittin in flats in East London mate. Bet they were proper little squats. Tarquin passing round the dirty needle and a bit tin foil.

"We've watched our close associates
Up and play their parts;
They're chatting up the it girls,
And they're tearing up the charts,
While we were paying with coppers
To get our round in at the bar
"

Yes, I'm sure you were Francis.

"We've watched our close associates
Up and play their parts;
They're chatting up the it girls,
And they're tearing up the charts,
While we were paying with coppers
To get our round in at the bar
"

Yes, I'm sure you were Francis.

A grim little insight into the student union bar of Eton there mate. :(

The SMB judging Frank Turner negatively because he went to a particular school. I wonder who their favourite artists are and what their backgrounds are.

Is anybody else sick of the music that's churned out by lacklustre scenesters from Shoreditch? It's all sex drugs and sins like they're extras from Skins. But it's okay because they don't really mean it.

The SMB judging Frank Turner negatively because he went to a particular school. I wonder who their favourite artists are and what their backgrounds are.

Is anybody else sick of the music that's churned out by lacklustre scenesters from Shoreditch? It's all sex drugs and sins like they're extras from Skins. But it's okay because they don't really mean it.

Who are the lacklustre scenesters from Shoreditch? (name some bands)

What annoys me is middle class white lads pretending to be working class for rock and roll purposes - Oasis, Kasabian, The Enema, The View, The Courteeners etc.

I've got no problem with Frank Turner because he's never hidden his background.

personally i don't like him cos his music, lyrics and whole demeanour is weak as piss. you can see what he is trying to do, unfortunately he is too twee and rounded to offer any edge

i love Jamie T, who had quite a middle class upbringing, yet his music and lyrical narrative is original and edgy, almost punk without trying

Reactions: mux
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back