June to July 2020 - NUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Washington is probably half & half now it was more pro Sunderland pre 1992. Also you'll see more tops there on Mags as it's all the scruffy twats wear day in day out.

I've no doubt it's 50/50 like as met so many lads fans from there. But having worked there and Newcastle City Centre I'd say you see far more Mag tops in Washy on a non match day.

Using your 15 minutes up early today fella
About a minute for that one.
You do realise when I said 15 minutes i was talking about how much time i had spent that particular day.
Have yourself another minute of my time for answering this one.
:rolleyes:

They might be if they get an invitation to a Tramps Cup. They were European champions when they " won the Fairs Cup" and the Interturtur. You know the Cups that all the top clubs aspire to even though they dont count. European Super Power with millions of fans worldwide IIRC 😳

Edit the Interturtur was a certificate. I think its hanging in the Bog at the Strawberry

It’s not. Scott Parker has it proudly hanging in his kitchen. Probably.

Shame on you! Don’t you know your boy bands?

Washington is probably half & half now it was more pro Sunderland pre 1992. Also you'll see more tops there on Mags as it's all the scruffy twats wear day in day out.
They feel the need to try and stay relevant to the "Geordie Nation", despite having City of Sunderland signs all over their streets and paying council tax to the City of Sunderland.

Cant believe people are still arguing over who has done a better job out of Benitez and Bruce, Benitez is a vastly superior manager in every way than Steve Bruce is and not a single football fan would ever disagree on that, however the job Bruce has done this season has more than matched the job Benitez did at Newcastle and shown that Benitez did nothing more than an average job. I wouldn't want Benitez back under a new owner, just like Mourinho his day has gone and football has evolved massively since they were two of the top managers in the world.

I've no doubt it's 50/50 like as met so many lads fans from there. But having worked there and Newcastle City Centre I'd say you see far more Mag tops in Washy on a non match day.

Lived in Washington most of my life until I moved to South Wales 3 years ago. Lads I went to the match with in general as we got older didn't wear footy shirts. The older Mag lads still do and wear them when they're out and not necessarily at the match. Like I said scruffy fuckers. Its definitely 50/50 today but I know of a few lads my age who swayed when Keegan took over. Tbf they dont get the pickings of a dog from the Mags

Yes because the sign of champions is playing badly yet winning that isn't a famous saying at all.

Performances only matter when results are not happening. You are getting results.

So what kind of chances have you made? Care to point out the source you are using that breaks down a comparison of

Where you chances are created from?
Goals are conceded from?
Saves made from yard distance ?

Or could it be your looking at a general stat and placing importance on it because you have an agenda.

Goals Conceded
18/19 he faced 148 shots on target (3.89pG), only 5 keepers faced fewer and they played for Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton & Leicester.
19/20 Dubravka has faced more shots on target than any other 'keeper in the league (161 or 5.6pG). (footchart.co.uk).
So he's been significantly busier this season compared to last.

26/48 Goals conceded come from Open Play, 13 from set pieces, 2 from counter attack, 6 penalties, 1 own goal.
27/43 open play, 12 from set pieces, 3 from counter attack, 0 penalty, 1 own goal. (whoscored.com)
So the shots that do get past him come from roughly the same situations aside from penalties. And I'll leave the VAR issue the fuck alone. Per Game we're conceding more across the board, bar penalties.

49 of 489 shots taken against us were in the 6yd box or 1.29 pG (6th highest), 293 in the 18yd box or 7.71pG (6th) and 147 outside the area or 3.87pG (4th lowest).
53 of 444 shots taken against us are in the 6yd box or 1.83 pG (highest in the league), 231 in the 18yd box or 7.97pG (4th highest) and 160 from outside the box or 5.52pG (5th highest). (combination of whoscored.com & footchart.co.uk)

So we now allow more shots in the area per game, than we did last season. Obviously when the season ends we can stack them up total v total instead of pG.
Will we concede 45+ shots before the end of the season? Well, we're averaging just shy of 15 per game, and we've 6 games left. 3 of them against Liverpool, Man City and Spurs.

Last season we were 10th in terms of expected goals against on 57.55, this season we're 4th worst with 55.41 already.

tl;dr busiest 'keeper in the league, facing more shots in the box than any other. This wasn't the case last season.

I'll try and supply the rest of the things you asked for.

They feel the need to try and stay relevant to the "Geordie Nation", despite having City of Sunderland signs all over their streets and paying council tax to the City of Sunderland.

And the fact the Wear runs through it and it used to be in County Durham....which has the Wear running through it. I tell them this... it annoys them....it makes me smile

Cant believe people are still arguing over who has done a better job out of Benitez and Bruce, Benitez is a vastly superior manager in every way than Steve Bruce is and not a single football fan would ever disagree on that, however the job Bruce has done this season has more than matched the job Benitez did at Newcastle and shown that Benitez did nothing more than an average job. I wouldn't want Benitez back under a new owner, just like Mourinho his day has gone and football has evolved massively since they were two of the top managers in the world.
We know Benitez WAS a better manager .

I rest my case. Another article about how the Fat Fraud is better than the Fat Farmer from the fans of the European Soopa Powa

Another Rafa post from the daytime shift ,jesus.

What a heap of shite man , why would they follow yous?
In all sincerity he needs professional help. Wasting life away on an opposition teams forum, and going that next step and taking screen shots to get likes from like minded people. Extremely insecure and in need of reassurance. Hates himself and what he represents.

Bit like a certain poster who sits on twitter all day copying shite onto here, what a home life they must have.

Last edited:
Lived in Washington most of my life until I moved to South Wales 3 years ago. Lads I went to the match with in general as we got older didn't wear footy shirts. The older Mag lads still do and wear them when they're out and not necessarily at the match. Like I said scruffy fuckers. Its definitely 50/50 today but I know of a few lads my age who swayed when Keegan took over. Tbf they dont get the pickings of a dog from the Mags

Brilliant, all SAFC fans you know don't wear replica tops and all NUFC fans do....

Why do people spout absolute bullshit on here, we all know deep down that we have around the same fanbase and the same number of knackers....

Another Rafa post from the daytime shift ,jesus.

What a heap of shite man , why would they follow yous?

Bit like a certain poster who sits on twitter all day copying shite onto here, what a home life they must have.

Have you a girlfriend or do you live with a crusty sock?

Oh and fuck off theres a good lad 👍
Brilliant, all SAFC fans you know don't wear replica tops and all NUFC fans do....

Why do people spout absolute bullshit on here, we all know deep down that we have around the same fanbase and the same number of knackers....

Sweeping statement. Lads I know in general dont wear SAFC tops but are all in their 50s now. Mags I know do however not all do. If they're not wearing a Mag top it'll likely be a polo with a badge on it.

And agree with your comment about the fanbase

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back