June to July 2020 - NUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goals Conceded
18/19 he faced 148 shots on target (3.89pG), only 5 keepers faced fewer and they played for Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton & Leicester.
19/20 Dubravka has faced more shots on target than any other 'keeper in the league (161 or 5.6pG). (footchart.co.uk).
So he's been significantly busier this season compared to last.

26/48 Goals conceded come from Open Play, 13 from set pieces, 2 from counter attack, 6 penalties, 1 own goal.
27/43 open play, 12 from set pieces, 3 from counter attack, 0 penalty, 1 own goal. (whoscored.com)
So the shots that do get past him come from roughly the same situations aside from penalties. And I'll leave the VAR issue the fuck alone. Per Game we're conceding more across the board, bar penalties.

49 of 489 shots taken against us were in the 6yd box or 1.29 pG (6th highest), 293 in the 18yd box or 7.71pG (6th) and 147 outside the area or 3.87pG (4th lowest).
53 of 444 shots taken against us are in the 6yd box or 1.83 pG (highest in the league), 231 in the 18yd box or 7.97pG (4th highest) and 160 from outside the box or 5.52pG (5th highest). (combination of whoscored.com & footchart.co.uk)

So we now allow more shots in the area per game, than we did last season. Obviously when the season ends we can stack them up total v total instead of pG.
Will we concede 45+ shots before the end of the season? Well, we're averaging just shy of 15 per game, and we've 6 games left. 3 of them against Liverpool, Man City and Spurs.

Last season we were 10th in terms of expected goals against on 57.55, this season we're 4th worst with 55.41 already.

tl;dr busiest 'keeper in the league, facing more shots in the box than any other. This wasn't the case last season.

I'll try and supply the rest of the things you asked for.

Dont bother what an absolute mess 😂

Facts without links
Combining sources

A comparison only makes sense when the same method of recording data is used. You have quoted about 5 websites 😂😂😂

I was going to respond to each point you made but realised that there's no point. Your grasp on logic is tenuous, at best and your opinions are so at loggerheads with reality there'd be more use in trying to explain the offside rule to a brick.

I conclude you're either a mackem pretending to be a newcastle fan on the windup (which is f***ing weird behaviour on a sunderland board), or you're a Newcastle fan on the wind up on a sunderland board (which is even weirder).

I was going to respond to each point you made but realised that there's no point. Your grasp on logic is tenuous, at best and your opinions are so at loggerheads with reality there'd be more use in trying to explain the offside rule to a brick.

I conclude you're either a mackem pretending to be a newcastle fan on the windup (which is f***ing weird behaviour on a sunderland board), or you're a Newcastle fan on the wind up on a sunderland board (which is even weirder).
I'm a Newcastle fan giving my opinion against your opinion but you seem to believe you've got some kind of higher pedestal in your own mind.
Feel free to respond in any way you see fit, mind...but never forget that your empty words and attempts at ridicule are for your own ego.
What you also need to remember is, I have no more allegiance to the likes of you than I do to any other person, no matter what team they support.
You lose your argument by resorting to attempted ridicule rather than answering and that's good enough for me.

Dont bother what an absolute mess 😂

Facts without links
Combining sources

A comparison only makes sense when the same method of recording data is used. You have quoted about 5 websites 😂😂😂
www.whoscored.com
www.footchart.co.uk I included the links.

I've combined sources because one source didn't have the location information and the other did.

I used 3 websites to get that information. The only one I omitted was Understat.com which provided the xG, but that's here for you now.

I get that, when faced with a cogent argument backed up by stats, it's easier to disregard than it is to admit you're wrong, but at least if you're going to disregard be honest about it.

Another Rafa post from the daytime shift ,jesus.

What a heap of shite man , why would they follow yous?

Bit like a certain poster who sits on twitter all day copying shite onto here, what a home life they must have.
Tosser

I'm a Newcastle fan giving my opinion against your opinion but you seem to believe you've got some kind of higher pedestal in your own mind.
Feel free to respond in any way you see fit, mind...but never forget that your empty words and attempts at ridicule are for your own ego.
What you also need to remember is, I have no more allegiance to the likes of you than I do to any other person, no matter what team they support.
You lose your argument by resorting to attempted ridicule rather than answering and that's good enough for me.
Aside from claims that winning the Championship, getting 44pts in the PL, then 45pts in the PL is somehow taking us backwards, most of your post is just flat out wind-up material.
Absolute horsehite.
No, it's not. But if it makes you feel better, you crack on.

Have you a girlfriend or do you live with a crusty sock?

Oh and fuck off theres a good lad 👍

Sweeping statement. Lads I know in general dont wear SAFC tops but are all in their 50s now. Mags I know do however not all do. If they're not wearing a Mag top it'll likely be a polo with a badge on it.

And agree with your comment about the fanbase

Yet EVERY time I’ve been on holiday all I f***ing see is Mackem top wearing sweaties in the airport ? Then on the beach, the same.Stop spouting shite man .

Touched a nerve? Just trawled through my posts, two twitter links in the last 100 or so. You must have picked up on this. The deluded twitter post actually make reference to me watching the court case. Which I was (I work with banks, so naturally watching a court case where a leading bank is being sued for 1.6bn is of professional interest). The finger of who is copy and pasting from here onto twitter now seem to point at you.

Brilliant, all SAFC fans you know don't wear replica tops and all NUFC fans do....

Why do people spout absolute bullshit on here, we all know deep down that we have around the same fanbase and the same number of knackers....

😂 I'd say I'm canny level headed on here but there's no way we have the same number of knackers. We do have a lot who make me cringe but youse have far more like, I mean there's just too many examples.

www.whoscored.com
www.footchart.co.uk I included the links.

I've combined sources because one source didn't have the location information and the other did.

I used 3 websites to get that information. The only one I omitted was Understat.com which provided the xG, but that's here for you now.

I get that, when faced with a cogent argument backed up by stats, it's easier to disregard than it is to admit you're wrong, but at least if you're going to disregard be honest about it.

Thick as fuck 😂

A decent argument would use opta. You have shown nothing.

Who scored and foot chart are trashy websites but you want me to accept them as reliable sources 😂😂😂

😂 I'd say I'm canny level headed on here but there's no way we have the same number of knackers. We do have a lot who make me cringe but youse have far more like, I mean there's just too many examples.

TBF i could say exactly the same, you only really hear about the knackers from your rivals. We could go on all day about it and never agree....for every cock spinner we have a 50 year old bird in her knickers and bra in a fountain, for every horse puncher we have a kid having a shit/piss in his seat....the list will go on and on and nobody wins....

Aside from claims that winning the Championship, getting 44pts in the PL, then 45pts in the PL is somehow taking us backwards, most of your post is just flat out wind-up material.
Let's put it into real context.
Benitez came with 10 games to go when we were one point from safety. 10 games and we got relegated. It may not have been all his fault but he should've done better.

Then he basically gets bankrolled to make his life an easy ride in the championship, with players kept on premier league wages, also.
Then he has a first season where he finishes 10th but for half of it we were struggling so badly until Kenedy forced his hand into having a real go at taking the game to teams. It worked.

The same happened in his final season but we still went backwards from the season before.

My post is my opinion and just because I'm a Newcastle fan does not mean I'm going to blow smoke up his bum when he clearly didn't deserve it.
For a manager paid 5/6 million a season (?) I expected a little bit better football, no matter what excuses were made about players he couldn't get so he had to go for 4th choices...etc.
That's just excuses after excuses.

The man was so far up his own bum. Everything was anyone's fault, but his.
Are you too used to fellow fans backing you up?

TBF i could say exactly the same, you only really hear about the knackers from your rivals. We could go on all day about it and never agree....for every cock spinner we have a 50 year old bird in her knickers and bra in a fountain, for every horse puncher we have a kid having a shit/piss in his seat....the list will go on and on and nobody wins....

I was just going to say we could have this argument all day 👍. We probably have the same percentage of knackers in our support it's just as your support is overall bigger than ours (unquestionably) then you have more knackers.

Touched a nerve? Just trawled through my posts, two twitter links in the last 100 or so. You must have picked up on this. The deluded twitter post actually make reference to me watching the court case. Which I was (I work with banks, so naturally watching a court case where a leading bank is being sued for 1.6bn is of professional interest). The finger of who is copy and pasting from here onto twitter now seem to point at you.

I wasnt talking about lad

Some whoppers being quoted in The Times today....
Article about Ashley and the takeover. This is part of the story when they all protested outside a restaurant in ponteland....

(Won't post the full article as I'll get in trouble with the mods again....)

When he left, Ashley, who was in his 11th year in charge of the club he had bought for £133 million in 2007, walked past Chris.

“I’m a peaceful chap, but to be so close to someone I cannot stand was weird,” he says. “It takes someone to say something to me for me to get annoyed with them, but with him I literally felt I could have punched him. I was close enough to punch him. I let him walk past.
“I felt resentment but I’m glad I didn’t do something stupid. It wouldn’t have achieved anything and I would have been nicked and I could have lost my job.

Dave Greaves spent a Friday in early May checking the specifications of the Ghutrah, the traditional keffiyeh headdress worn by men in Saudi Arabia. “I was getting worried,” he says. “On every picture I saw they were always red and white, but I learnt it doesn’t have to be

Last edited:
Another Rafa post from the daytime shift ,jesus.

What a heap of shite man , why would they follow yous?

Bit like a certain poster who sits on twitter all day copying shite onto here, what a home life they must have.

You logged into wrong account :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back