John Lydon

Think he has a point tbf. if he has no input what will he be portrayed like? He wrote most of lyrics as far as I'm aware. But going to court always cost both sides wether yiu win or not
Saw him at the Point then at o2 ,thought they were tremendous gigs

Looks like the years of him acting like a dick head have finally caught up with him. Although I feel like he may be exaggerating his current financial plight.

Think he has a point tbf. if he has no input what will he be portrayed like? He wrote most of lyrics as far as I'm aware. But going to court always cost both sides wether yiu win or not
Saw him at the Point then at o2 ,thought they were tremendous gigs
He was asked for his contribution by Danny Boyle and refused..there’s no pleasing the bloke.

Canny night in Durham tonight
About what I expected
He's had an interesting shift
I went to Whitley Bay on Wednesday. Enjoyed it.

The only thing that spoilt it was one of the questions “John, would you like us to give you a rendition of the Blaydon Races”. Was at Fontaines DC last night & they’re giving it “Toon Toon Black & White Army” in between songs. It’s sad as fuck these people can’t just stop being professional geordies for a night & enjoy something that’s not football.

The only thing that spoilt it was one of the questions “John, would you like us to give you a rendition of the Blaydon Races”. Was at Fontaines DC last night & they’re giving it “Toon Toon Black & White Army” in between songs. It’s sad as fuck these people can’t just stop being professional geordies for a night & enjoy something that’s not football.
I hope john told them to piss off.

Was at Fontaines DC last night & they’re giving it “Toon Toon Black & White Army” in between songs. It’s sad as fuck these people can’t just stop being professional geordies for a night & enjoy something that’s not football.
Any good aside from that? Had tickets with a mate but neither of us could be arsed to go in the end. Was a long week and the weekend didn't help any :lol:

Mind, Futureheads set at Kubix had people shouting ha'way the lads between songs. Seemed to confuse the band more than owt else.

Gets on my tits people bringing footy into it at gigs through there, even more so when it's the artists doing it.

Like you’ve already touched on though..he’s shit in his own nest big time..the Pistols was always going to be the ‘go to’ thing to make a bit money but the way he’s pissed the other three off now that won’t be happening again..he’s gone on like a spoiled brat..because it’s Steve Jones’ book that the Danny Boyle thing is going to be based on he’s gone in a right strop..he was asked to give his input to get it factually near as dammit but he’s gone on like a right bellend..the only one tainting the Pistols legacy is him.
I’m reading Steve Jones book atm. He doesn’t hold much back 😂

Looks like the years of him acting like a dick head have finally caught up with him. Although I feel like he may be exaggerating his current financial plight.
I don't think he is, he looks after his wife, she suffers from dementia, I'd imagine the medical costs in the US are eye watering.

I interviewed Paul Cook a couple of weeks ago and he said that the band had an agreement where the majority prevailed. 3 out of 4 of them were happy with the Danny Boyle film but Lydon wasn`t. He thought Lydon had something up his sleeve but he had nothing. He said as far as he was concerned he`s old fashioned in that if he makes an agreement, he sticks to it. They had an agreement and that was it and that it was so sad that Lydon took it to court.

I interviewed Paul Cook a couple of weeks ago and he said that the band had an agreement where the majority prevailed. 3 out of 4 of them were happy with the Danny Boyle film but Lydon wasn`t. He thought Lydon had something up his sleeve but he had nothing. He said as far as he was concerned he`s old fashioned in that if he makes an agreement, he sticks to it. They had an agreement and that was it and that it was so sad that Lydon took it to court.
What was Paul Cook like??..always the quiet unassuming one out of the Pistols..canny bloke??

If it was that bad for him, I just think he'd move back to the UK.
He mentioned last night he wouldn't even put her on a plane
i'm sure he knows what's best for her and him
very moving hear him talk about it
I’m reading Steve Jones book atm. He doesn’t hold much back 😂
Both big characters ,i get the feeling they would be like that face to face too and still have a pint after

Any good aside from that? Had tickets with a mate but neither of us could be arsed to go in the end. Was a long week and the weekend didn't help any :lol:

Mind, Futureheads set at Kubix had people shouting ha'way the lads between songs. Seemed to confuse the band more than owt else.
Excellent mate. I think it was better than the Academy in January 20, but my mates didn’t agree.
I hope john told them to piss off.
He humoured them, say “ha’way then” & it was f***ing shit. A couple of idiots bumbled their way through it.

Certainly has no love for the Catholic Church- very moving when discussing the dementia and quite funny when he was on about the free butter
As someone who went to catholic schools (& I was even an alter boy for a bit) I find it slightly uncomfortable the way the whole religion is tarred with the same brush. You can only speak as you find I suppose, me & him were different eras, but I have only good things to say about anyone I interacted with.

Back