John Lydon

I’m not a fan like, not sure why I got a ticket, but it was a good night. The bit where the audience writes a question & he answers, not sure he’s answered one yet :lol: Was just a que to go on some loosely related rant.
I can imagine the rants..he can’t speak without over emphasising his words..I’d have wrote ‘John why are you such a fkn knob’.

I really enjoyed it. I saw Danny standing at the top of the stairs. His brother used to be in the band but left last year. I thought the Desperate Measures were good too. It was a really good night. I`ll go through my photos a bit later.
Danny was/is in another band with Spencer as well, I think, but the name escapes me (I don't know the Professionals and only became aware of Spencer through The Men They Couldn't Hang to be honest, but it seems like he's in a few bands!)

I’ve read that the odd show has been dire like..i love the Pistols but Lydons general manner and his constant preaching wore off on me years ago..blokes a grade A prick.
Listing just a few of his good points and then thinking of the proper pricks out there grades him about P for me

Listing just a few of his good points and then thinking of the proper pricks out there grades him about P for me
He’s harmless enough I suppose. Just desperate to be a rent a quote. Judging by the audience I was in, he hasn’t got a lot of people that listen to him outside of 60+ yr old punks.

Compare him to other people on social media who stir up hatred & misinformation, he’s like a little caricature living in his own era.

Mind, he did do a quite heartfelt bit about people with dementia which was very moving. Explaining not to challenge, or ask questions as you’ll confuse their world, let them enjoy what they’ve got & almost play along. Luckily I’ve never been around that since my grandad past 25yrs ago, but I can see myself reflecting on the little John Lydon speech if I ever have to again.

He’s harmless enough I suppose. Just desperate to be a rent a quote. Judging by the audience I was in, he hasn’t got a lot of people that listen to him outside of 60+ yr old punks.

Compare him to other people on social media who stir up hatred & misinformation, he’s like a little caricature living in his own era.

Mind, he did do a quite heartfelt bit about people with dementia which was very moving. Explaining not to challenge, or ask questions as you’ll confuse their world, let them enjoy what they’ve got & almost play along. Luckily I’ve never been around that since my grandad past 25yrs ago, but I can see myself reflecting on the little John Lydon speech if I ever have to again.
He's always had opinions but tends to speak when spoken too
Or write a book .
Is he prevalent on social media like all these twitter has beens making sure we know what they think every day ?
He does a bit PR
I think the fact he's less on point these days would suggest he isn't keeping up with the chattering

He's always had opinions but tends to speak when spoken too
Or write a book .
Is he prevalent on social media like all these twitter has beens making sure we know what they think every day ?
He does a bit PR
I think the fact he's less on point these days would suggest he isn't keeping up with the chattering
Actually. That’s another gripe with him. Think it was Anger Is Energy on holiday. There was loads of digs at Joe Strummer. It was like he was trying to win the top boy in punk award by slating a dead man. Just didn’t sit right with me.

Mind, as soon as PiL sort another record out I’ll be all over it. They last few have been great.

Actually. That’s another gripe with him. Think it was Anger Is Energy on holiday. There was loads of digs at Joe Strummer. It was like he was trying to win the top boy in punk award by slating a dead man. Just didn’t sit right with me.

Mind, as soon as PiL sort another record out I’ll be all over it. They last few have been great.
He seems a bit all over with his spouting but I like people who stick their head up above the parapet
He was there and it's not second hand I suppose ,I'm not in the punk martyre club . Never bought into the Clash holier than tho club , and have no issue anyone talking about someone who's died . To be fair John could talk about he's golden period much more but doesn't
I get the impression it was a few years of his life
It's us who fill all the gaps and column inches

I got irritated by the 'John says a sentence, audience clap like robot seals, repeat etc.'
This is the sort of thing i was referring to earlier..i worshipped him and the Pistols when i was young but his ranting and preaching as I got older got right on my wick..he seems to revert to being a normal bloke when talking about his wife and the terrible illness then bang..back into rant mode.

This is the sort of thing i was referring to earlier..i worshipped him and the Pistols when i was young but his ranting and preaching as I got older got right on my wick..he seems to revert to being a normal bloke when talking about his wife and the terrible illness then bang..back into rant mode.
It’s almost as if there’s a real human being and a caricature he’s played out the best part of the last 50 years.

Back