John Lydon

That's the problem with doing butter adverts, of course. You have a life-long supply of Country Life.
Said his brother stopped taking mail from him because he was sending him so much country life. He did say the money paid for PIL setting up a record company and distribution. He also said his fee for I’m a celebrity went to charities.

As someone who went to catholic schools (& I was even an alter boy for a bit) I find it slightly uncomfortable the way the whole religion is tarred with the same brush. You can only speak as you find I suppose, me & him were different eras, but I have only good things to say about anyone I interacted with.
Agree,in saying that as a faith that is driven from the top the cases being unearthed around the world is staggering
i took some of his stuff with a pinch of salt ,most kids who were arseholes at school can turn it on the teachers etc .1 Event ,2 versions type thing

I went to Whitley Bay on Wednesday. Enjoyed it.

The only thing that spoilt it was one of the questions “John, would you like us to give you a rendition of the Blaydon Races”. Was at Fontaines DC last night & they’re giving it “Toon Toon Black & White Army” in between songs. It’s sad as fuck these people can’t just stop being professional geordies for a night & enjoy something that’s not football.

When he played Ashbrooke Cricket Club a few years ago - they were excellent - he was eulogising Sunderland as his kind of people and having a go at them up the road IIRC (too much draught Double Maxim might have blurred things).

A really nice bloke. Actually he was an absolute hoot. We did a Zoom interview with Tom Spencer from his current band The Professionals and it was a real laugh. I really enjoyed it. I`m hoping to catch up with them tomorrow night in Newcastle.
Nice one..i just might have a pop along to that.

As someone who went to catholic schools (& I was even an alter boy for a bit) I find it slightly uncomfortable the way the whole religion is tarred with the same brush. You can only speak as you find I suppose, me & him were different eras, but I have only good things to say about anyone I interacted with.
Yeah, I did the whole Catholic thing. The paedophiles were a bit of an issue but in general it was a good community. That’s not a piss take either.

A really nice bloke. Actually he was an absolute hoot. We did a Zoom interview with Tom Spencer from his current band The Professionals and it was a real laugh. I really enjoyed it. I`m hoping to catch up with them tomorrow night in Newcastle.
Just got back from the Cluny..superb..not a bad turn out for a wet Tuesday night..was sitting outside and a lad came and sat by me..Danny from the Wildhearts..really nice lad..anyway thoroughly enjoyed it.

Logon or register to see this image

Just got back from the Cluny..superb..not a bad turn out for a wet Tuesday night..was sitting outside and a lad came and sat by me..Danny from the Wildhearts..really nice lad..anyway thoroughly enjoyed it.

Logon or register to see this image
I really enjoyed it. I saw Danny standing at the top of the stairs. His brother used to be in the band but left last year. I thought the Desperate Measures were good too. It was a really good night. I`ll go through my photos a bit later.

I really enjoyed it. I saw Danny standing at the top of the stairs. His brother used to be in the band but left last year. I thought the Desperate Measures were good too. It was a really good night. I`ll go through my photos a bit later.

I didn’t know who he was to be honest..i was sitting outside and he sat down with his pint..i was checking the score of the match..got chatting and said who he was..he knew a few people i know and him being from Shields he was big mates with Mond the old Upstarts guitarist..two of the Professionals..lead singer and bassist came over..really nice btw..and they went for a pint in the Ship..before he went over i asked him if he’d be able to get me a photo with Paul Cook and he said no bother..when the gig finished they all disappeared backstage so i just left it..he showed me his prosthetic leg anarl bu that’s another story!!

I’ve seen interviews with him before and that Rambo’s been sitting there..never opens his mouth..he’s done this kind of thing before though apparently.
He came on stage as Lydon walked on at Whitley Bay & filmed the crowd reaction.

Obviously we don’t know exactly what went on, but how hard can it be. Two chairs get set up, plug a mic in & order the rider.

He came on stage as Lydon walked on at Whitley Bay & filmed the crowd reaction.

Obviously we don’t know exactly what went on, but how hard can it be. Two chairs get set up, plug a mic in & order the rider.
I’ve read that the odd show has been dire like..i love the Pistols but Lydons general manner and his constant preaching wore off on me years ago..blokes a grade A prick.

I’ve read that the odd show has been dire like..i love the Pistols but Lydons general manner and his constant preaching wore off on me years ago..blokes a grade A prick.
I’m not a fan like, not sure why I got a ticket, but it was a good night. The bit where the audience writes a question & he answers, not sure he’s answered one yet :lol: Was just a que to go on some loosely related rant.

Back