Jimmy Savile

I think it comes down to how much money he was making for the charities and all that. It was something the BBC and others didn't want to lose.
It's shameful really.

He was shielded by the BBC luvvies.

The BBC exists in a wierd, cozy little world where they are always right.

They overspend on a grotesque scale.

They push the southern way of life in a bizarre "us" and "them" way. For them, the man in the street is the man in the London street, unless they dare to venture out as far as Chelmsford.

None of this going North nonsense. The North stops at Doncaster, with ocasional forays to Leeds

If you don't believe me then look at the locations for Question time.

Also look at the quality of the clowns on our Look North. Thank God no other region sees them.

These are the people who encouraged and provided the opportunities for Saville, Hall and Harris.

Absolutely shameless.

They make me puke. May they rot in hell. These are our kids they laid open to abuse
He was shielded by more than the BBC.

How did he get his knighthood?

How did he have access to the prime minister and the royal family?

Thing about Saville he never hid the fact he was a bit weird. Things he's said over the years that now make you shudder he was in plain sight almost

It's easier to get away with half truths, than blatant lies.

Or so I've been told.

Apart from when they moved to Salford?
They have to move their thought processes to Salford as well. I work with some of them. They still detest being in frightful :)-;) places like Knutsford and Didsbury. Poor lambs. I was at The BBC in London working when the move north was announced. It was hilarious. Sad fuckers.

Oh, by the way. Salford is not the North. WE are the north. If you are unsure buy a map. To them we are invisible. Bloody wake up. This is a tax funded national organation that treats us with utter, supercilious contempt. Roll over and let them fuck you if you want. I will not.

They have to move their thought processes to Salford as well. I work with some of them. They still detest being in frightful :)-;) places like Knutsford and Didsbury. Poor lambs. I was at The BBC in London working when the move north was announced. It was hilarious. Sad fuckers.

Oh, by the way. Salford is not the North. WE are the north. If you are unsure buy a map. To them we are invisible. Bloody wake up. This is a tax funded national organation that treats us with utter, supercilious contempt. Roll over and let them fuck you if you want. I will not.

Different issue for a different thread but it's certainly North!

Think I'd be fairly pissed off if my job was moving to the other end of the country.
You're geography is a little out but as this thread is about Savile and he had considerable power in the BBC, remind me which end of the country he was from.

Didn't Jerry sadowich say something as well

Was just reading up on that. Apparently in a 1987 gig he was talking about the Cleveland abuse case and said they should send Savile in on the basis that he was an expert on that kind of thing....

Back