Jimmy Savile

The BBC are just the public face of the establishment. It all went much deeper, and much higher, than just Savile. He was the tip of a very big, and very nasty iceberg.
The full enquiry into it all is about to be quashed, "due to costs" apparently. Yeh, right :rolleyes:
I agree with you. However the senior people at the BBC create its culture and are also a part of the establishment you identify. My guess is that the establishment identified the funding problem!!

How can we possibily have any confidence that anything has changed?

Think I'd be fairly pissed off if my job was moving to the other end of the country.
You're geography is a little out but as this thread is about Savile and he had considerable power in the BBC, remind me which end of the country he was from.
My geography is fine. Buy a map. This thread may be entitled Savile, but it has deve9loped around that theme as threads do. Oh ... Savile had what is generally described as a northern accent. Not with the putity of ours, but certainly not southern.

And by the way, the entire Tory establishment has created an envirenment where they deny the need to support the northern economy because those of us without work should just "get on our bikes" (do you remember that?) and go to where work is. Sod our spouses,children and other relatives.

Well fuck them. BBC staff can do the same. Or do they deserve better treatment than us?

He was shielded by more than the BBC.

How did he get his knighthood?

How did he have access to the prime minister and the royal family?
It is certainly a very cosy little club.

Last edited by a moderator:

Never seen this interview before. The bloke interviewing clearly knows about the way Savile is but won't press him properly on it.

Why is it that people were scared to ask him straight up?
A few years ago a mate of mine (sadly now deceased) told me of an episode of Have I got news for you when Paul Merton really went to town on him. Filming stopped, but I recall seeing the transcript of what was said.

Nearer to home, my da told of Jimmy meeting a young me as a babe in arms when he was at Marsden - along with various family members. He drove off in his Roller with according to my old man a couple of lasses not more than 13 or 14.

"Where did it all go wrong Dave?"
"It probably started when my Dad came to my wedding dressed as a paedo....."
At least we're staring to get some explanation for that man's complete car crash of a life though but.

Who's da dresses up as anyone at their son's wedding, least of all Jimmy friggin Savile? I mean WTF man? I'm pissing meself laughing here then racked with guilt that I'm not on the phone to social services pronto on his behalf. FFS man.

@Sneech - aren't you his brother? We DEMAND to see evidence of these wedding pictures. The power of the SMB commands you!

A few years ago a mate of mine (sadly now deceased) told me of an episode of Have I got news for you when Paul Merton really went to town on him. Filming stopped, but I recall seeing the transcript of what was said.

Nearer to home, my da told of Jimmy meeting a young me as a babe in arms when he was at Marsden - along with various family members. He drove off in his Roller with according to my old man a couple of lasses not more than 13 or 14.

Transcript widely available online. Just Google it.

Sadly, not real. Was all made up before JS death, Paul Merton later confirmed this in an interview and in a subsequent HIGNFY episode, after JS death.

They have to move their thought processes to Salford as well. I work with some of them. They still detest being in frightful :)-;) places like Knutsford and Didsbury. Poor lambs. I was at The BBC in London working when the move north was announced. It was hilarious. Sad fuckers.

Oh, by the way. Salford is not the North. WE are the north. If you are unsure buy a map. To them we are invisible. Bloody wake up. This is a tax funded national organistion that treats us with utter, supercilious contempt. Roll over and let them fuck you if you want. I will not.

Bit like the present government...

At least we're staring to get some explanation for that man's complete car crash of a life though but.

Who's da dresses up as anyone at their son's wedding, least of all Jimmy friggin Savile? I mean WTF man? I'm pissing meself laughing here then racked with guilt that I'm not on the phone to social services pronto on his behalf. FFS man.

@Sneech - aren't you his brother? We DEMAND to see evidence of these wedding pictures. The power of the SMB commands you!
Have you seen a photo of Sneech! It's all coming together now.

I'm 60 now , so grew up with savile being on tv and radio . To me he seemed like a creepy old man , back in the 60s and 70s you would wonder what the hell he was doing on top of the pops and radio one as he was so old .
He must have had plenty on certain people to get such prominence back then and he probably continued with a combination of blackmail and 'fixing' things as he worked his way into the establishment.
Absolutely unbelievable when you look back .

I remember Harry angstrom backing him to the hilt. I don't remember the exact wording but he had a right go at me when I said savile was weird :lol:

I didn't back Savile to the hilt I was questioning people on why they were having a go when virtually nothing had come out in the press. I assumed (incorrectly) that the minute he was dead all the lurid stories would have been revealed but the Press seemed to be almost silent on the matter.

I had heard rumours that he fucked dead people but assumed that was all they were.

For the record I thought he was a talentless weirdo but if that was a crime most celebs would be in prison.

Last edited:
I'm 60 now , so grew up with savile being on tv and radio . To me he seemed like a creepy old man , back in the 60s and 70s you would wonder what the hell he was doing on top of the pops and radio one as he was so old .
He must have had plenty on certain people to get such prominence back then and he probably continued with a combination of blackmail and 'fixing' things as he worked his way into the establishment.
Absolutely unbelievable when you look back .
Jim'll Fix it was a top rated show for the BBC. People loved it.

It was part of Sneech's speech.

Back