I've lost my job - Career Advice please!

Apparently Hays travel are employing and its working from home according to my mate.
The lass next door to him has just started, tenner an hour and she's not getting that many calls a day.
May be worth looking into if anyone needs any work short term and need to stay at home?

Where's it based and what kind of service is it? Looking for a change from my current care job.
North east
Where you based
He owns the place. He doesn’t get his hands dirty.
Yes I do
Nice offer . I presume you didn't read the but where he said he's immuno compromised and care homes are not the safest places. Maybe you could take him on and furlough him though ?
Can’t it’s illegal

Thanks everyone.
Bit of an odd one as I went for this job in 2018 and didn't get it. Hopefully 2 years more experience under my belt will change their mind this time.

If you don’t mind wiping dirty arses give me a shout . Always need carers 😉

I have a 2 year old. That should answer your question :lol:

Lost my job end of May, first time since left school thirty years ago that been out of work, there's nothing out there either, always been in the motor trade which is now knackered and getting worse

How's everyone doing job-wise at the moment then?

Alas I'm still without one - though not for lack of trying.
Only just officially finished shielding on the 1st August, although I suspect that may be brought back in before long.

I had a zoom interview for one job. That was weird. Didn't get it this time but that's the way it goes.
I've applied for a few others and I've just got through to another stage of one. Hopefully if they like the interview task I did, I'll get an interview.
We'll have to see.

Still not entitled to Universal Credit, but I have put in for New Style Job Seekers so we'll see if they might be a little more helpful.
Can't be any less helpful than UC, so there's that I suppose.

I've been fortunate, mainly just from right place right time kind of thing back when I managed to fall into a particular niche and job. I realise I am incredibly lucky that I work from home routinely and the particular work I do has not dried up yet (but it will after Christmas when my current contract ends).

A good mate of mine from Chester-le-Street is struggling to keep his gardening business alive (if anybody needs any work doing.....) and he was on about calling it a day in that area for more than one reason and moving somewhere else for a fresh start. So he has been down at mine a few times and he's been helping me with my garden. I moved into this house October and I had to prioritise the work on the house, meaning my garden was like one you might find at Heligan. With a view to moving down round here permanently and finding customers he has stayed here for a few days and we grafted on my garden. I'm paying him as much as I can afford but then paying the balance in getting his business cards done, using useful contacts I have to get ads in local publications and doing reccies and introductions for him.

It's tough times. Without that bit of help he's worried he'd be homeless.

I'd suggest to anyone to get into the railway if you can. Decent wedge and strong unions to back you up if needed. I've known people start off as hospitality selling crisps from a trolley and end up being drivers in the space of a couple of years. Decent final salary pension too. Even hospitality earn 20k so it's a good place to start.

I'm retired, but if I went back to work I would certainly consider doing delivery driver work, maybe Argos, Amazon, Tesco, Sainsbury, Iceland etc. home delivery, or something of that ilk.

Back