I've lost my job - Career Advice please!

I got the dreaded news this week that I’m one of 4 up for redundancy in 3 f***ing weeks. 2/4 engineers will bite the dust. Been here for ten years.

Best place is their own Web site tbh. Even if you start off as something else tocs like to promote from within as staff know how things work. The good thing now is there isn't a limit to how many times you can apply for driving jobs. Even look at cleaner just to get your feet in the door and after just 6 months you can apply internally for other positions. I know our on train cleaners are on 16 quid an hour which isn't to be sniffed at and that's just the start.

16 snots an hour is class for a cleaner.

f***ing useless in my experience. Your problem maybe the horse has bolted..

I phoned ACAS about my situation and they said there was nothing they could do. A solicitor said the same.
Bit of good and bad news for me.
I didn't get a further interview for one job, but I've finally managed to get on with New Style Job Seekers Allowance.
It's not a lot, but it's a lot more than what I was on i.e. nothing :lol:

I know a few people who have contacted ACAS regarding furloughing and they have been told immediately that there is Nothing they can do...I think it’s a mine field for them,it’s short term so they aren’t interested....I’ve seen it mentioned on here a few months ago that ACAS weren’t interested....

I phoned ACAS about my situation and they said there was nothing they could do. A solicitor said the same.
Bit of good and bad news for me.
I didn't get a further interview for one job, but I've finally managed to get on with New Style Job Seekers Allowance.
It's not a lot, but it's a lot more than what I was on i.e. nothing :lol:
Would you not look at parcel drop, supermarket delivery type work now? At least for a short time.

Would you not look at parcel drop, supermarket delivery type work now? At least for a short time.

Parcel drop round here I suspect is pretty chocker. We see the same people every time. Plus he drives like a lunatic!

I'd say if I don't hear anything from the few I've put in for, I'm going to go to ALDI

Back