It was brutal but funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walked down to Fitzrovia area near Goodge Street tube for a few beers and a bite to eat before the match , wandered back up to St.Pancras for the 13.47pm train.

Nothing I saw in Luton walking to and from the ground convinced me we’d done anything but make the right decision to stay away from the shithole.

Dreadful place.

Case in point above. Had pre match and post match beers in London and totally convinced that Luton has nothing to offer!!

Ever wondered why we never get away fans drinking in Sunderland in numbers pre and post match and they all go to Newcastle and spend their money there instead? They don't think out of the box (or for themselves) either.

Couldn't agree less mate.

Real shitholes are best avoided in my experience.

What could I possibly discover, about Luton, that I can't discern by a quick look at the place, seriously?

We also stayed overnight but our initial thoughts were only confirmed, not contradicted.

We will agree to differ on that one mate then. We pretty much always stay in the town or city we are playing in and try and meet and talk to some of the locals. Luton is no worse or better than many other places we have been and we had a good night out and would happily go back. There are decent people pretty much everywhere and the rest is just architecture.

Reactions: Nig
Oh well. Next time give it a miss. I reall don't know why if you hate the place so much, why you bothered. It strikes me you were determined not to have a good time either way.

You seem a little confused, I went to Luton because my team were playing there, I had a great time as I usually do.

That doesn't alter the fact that I find Luton a very unpleasant place to visit. It's very dirty and ugly with conspicuous poverty, rough sleepers, etc.

I travel a lot, for my football as well as work, Luton is one of the grimmest places I've seen.

We will agree to differ on that one mate then. We pretty much always stay in the town or city we are playing in and try and meet and talk to some of the locals. Luton is no worse or better than many other places we have been and we had a good night out and would happily go back. There are decent people pretty much everywhere and the rest is just architecture.

I'm not denying that but it doesn't make Luton any more attractive.

I'm 100% sure I could never live there and doubt you could despite your comments.

As @Brexit just said it looks like most people have just given up.

I'm not denying that but it doesn't make Luton any more attractive.

I'm 100% sure I could never live there and doubt you could despite your comments.

As @Brexit just said it looks like most people have just given up.

Luton is the sort of place that caused Brexit, The people there have not given up, but our government and it seems many people on this thread have given up on them.

You seem a little confused, I went to Luton because my team were playing there, I had a great time as I usually do.

That doesn't alter the fact that I find Luton a very unpleasant place to visit. It's very dirty and ugly with conspicuous poverty, rough sleepers, etc.

I travel a lot, for my football as well as work, Luton is one of the grimmest places I've seen.
As above. I disagree, you might want to check the average house prices in Luton before making allegations of poverty. I'm not confused just mildly amused with your stereotyping.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Don't come on talking about 'elephants' .... if you have something to say be a man and spit it out.
What horrible experience did you have then ? Did you trip over a homeless man, or got hassled to give a quid ? Was there dirt everywhere ? Hairs in the bed ? Give me a bone.

We all know what the elephant in the room here is mate. Its in the opening post clear as day.
I'm trying to get to the bottom of there nasty experiences.:D

What agenda? It was a harmless, humorous anecdote. :lol:

The word 'harmless' here is interesting.

Tell my why you found the anecdote humorous, and then explain to me why its 'harmeless'.

Only someone desperate to find an agenda could see one in the OP.

And, again, you're entirely incorrect with your mealy mouthed snide innuendo.

I'll leave it there.

I will agree with you on just one thing mate.

You really should have 'left it there'.

Last edited:
The word 'harmless' here is interesting.

Tell my why you found the anecdote humorous, and then explain to me why its 'harmeless'.
If found it humorous because I'm not a poe-faced killjoy that seeks to find something to be offended about in every waking moment of my life.

It's harmless because there's absolutely nothing to cause offence in the post.

If found it humorous because I'm not a poe-faced killjoy that seeks to find something to be offended about in every waking moment of my life.

It's harmless because there's absolutely nothing to cause offence in the post.

Its a matter of opinion mate and the offence bit probably depends on whether you were on the bus or on the street outside. I personally don't think the story is funny and I actually think its both depressingly sad and potentially divisive and I have therefore said so.

You will no doubt now think I am some sort lily livered liberal and that's fine as well. Who am I to judge you for your sense of humour? People used to pay to watch Jim Davidson after all (some probably still do). Thankfully we still live in a free country and you are therefore free to laugh at any minority you see fit.

I am also free to disagree though.;)

I did a site visit for work the other week in Oldham. f***ing hell.

The worst parts of Sunderland were like Beverly Hills compared to there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back