It was brutal but funny

You can do whatever you bloody like. It seems you get a bit rattled when you get it back though.
Why’s that? Rattled about what? I can say that certain areas of certain places are absolute shitholes, I even include where I live now as not the best so I’m hardly rattled. Personal experience of parts of them places make me want to be home. You seem to be the one insinuating everywhere but where you live is a shithole.

Leeds is quite a nice city but it's rough around the ground.
Used to do a lot of work there and find it nice through the middle,and the outskirts. But some of the places were run down when they’d probably been quite nice before. I always remember doing a night shift in a Lidl down there and it was somewhere canny rough the security guard was shitting himself all night and he was a local

Last edited:

I always found Upton Park okay. I remember some hammer once trying it on down that back alley despite having his young lad with him, but it was something of nothing. When people talk about shitholes around the ground, White Hart Lane is usually the first that springs to mind.
We walked to some station a bit further away from the ground couple year ago. @Horden Mackem any idea which one it was? Horrible area wherever we ended up :lol:

The north/south divide. Champion.
Sure theres some canny places in the south anarl..was at Heiver Castle in Kent for an sporting event about a month ago...was stunning as was the area..country inn i was staying in was great as were locals ..was v hot and we stayed up cracking on into the wee hours...lot of money down that area it seemed

Why’s that? Rattled about what? I can say that certain areas of certain places are absolute shitholes, I even include where I live now as not the best so I’m hardly rattled. Personal experience of parts of them places make me want to be home. You seem to be the one insinuating everywhere but where you live is a shithole.

Used to do a lot of work there and find it nice through the middle,and the outskirts. But some of the places were run down when they’d probably been quite nice before. I always remember doing a night shift in a Lidl down there and it was somewhere canny rough the security guard was shitting himself all night and he was a local

Can you remember where?

Sure theres some canny places in the south anarl..was at Heiver Castle in Kent for an sporting event about a month ago...was stunning as was the area..country inn i was staying in was great as were locals ..was v hot and we stayed up cracking on into the wee hours...lot of money down that area it seemed

Used to live in the south and yeah there's definitely some beautiful places around like the New Forest for example. But it's grim up north apparently, see the Northumberland coastline or the Scottish Highlands or Roker beach even. I'll take it.

Thought Luton was alright stayed out after for a while after and found a great pub

Walked down to Fitzrovia area near Goodge Street tube for a few beers and a bite to eat before the match , wandered back up to St.Pancras for the 13.47pm train.

Nothing I saw in Luton walking to and from the ground convinced me we’d done anything but make the right decision to stay away from the shithole.

Dreadful place.

It’s Hever ( as opposed to it matching @Reiver :lol:).
Not that far from me tbh
Having a few bob in these rural areas helps, but being skint is an absolute nightmare. I’m in the middle before anyone comments :rolleyes:

Used to live in the south and yeah there's definitely some beautiful places around like the New Forest for example. But it's grim up north apparently, see the Northumberland coastline or the Scottish Highlands or Roker beach even. I'll take it.

I was up for the first game last week & made a weekend of it with Mrs W & 2 Friends. Friends had never been before & loved it. They even enjoyed being in the Col Tav Sat afternoon & again Sun afternoon to have a beer with @horselover

Last edited:
Northumberland Coastline fab if a little busy in summer nowadays .. the Nationsl Park and Linhope spout waterfall are worth a look ( especialy after a heavy downfall).Had a coffee today in Powburn with a north east lad who is a singer but now lives in the Highlands area of Scotland and he raved about the place...need to get up there and have a good look around..fancy the spey valley whisky tour ss well...he told me about a book written by a Tom Morton which is supposed to be a Whiskey lovers ideal read...( i kna ive moved off topic a bit) but there are many special places i have in my bucket list in next few years( to be worked around our games)

Walked down to Fitzrovia area near Goodge Street tube for a few beers and a bite to eat before the match , wandered back up to St.Pancras for the 13.47pm train.

Nothing I saw in Luton walking to and from the ground convinced me we’d done anything but make the right decision to stay away from the shithole.

Dreadful place.

Pubs in the town centre were good and £2 a pint cheaper than Fitzrovia (unless you went to The Yorkshire Grey)

Back