Is this Hartlepool, Peterlee schoolgirl going to be a superstar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think today they are not bothered about stage performance, it's more about the uniqueness of the 'recording voice'.

A ‘friend’ of ours, daughters, are in the same academies / dancing / acting groups and this girl, they say she looks like she’s fitting onstage, and is no where near as talented as her girls.
I think she is jealous, the girl from peterlee is tremendous.
I hope she milks America for as much as she can

I think she is jealous, the girl from peterlee is tremendous.
I hope she milks America for as much as she can
So do I, why not but I always think that she's going to hurt her voice. It's good but it just sounds 'strained' to me.

I very much doubt it. She has a cracking Joplin style voice even if she does go over the top with it, but she's just a mimic. I mean, good luck to her and all but these things rarely work out. There was a child guitar prodigy from Newcastle a couple of decades back who was going to do all sorts - had his own little spot at Donnington - ended up working in a guitar shop.

Exactly. Joplin was ground breaking, a true artist and creative.
Copying her sound is just karaoke.

Having already been on the voice I suspect Cowell probably thought he couldn’t use her for BGT or the X Factor, so flew them out to the USA almost as a plant to try out for AGT.
That and the vintage R&B/Soul tracks she mimics would go down better in the USA.

Not daft is Simon, Howie Mandel's crack was way OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back