Is this Hartlepool, Peterlee schoolgirl going to be a superstar?

A ‘friend’ of ours, daughters, are in the same academies / dancing / acting groups and this girl, they say she looks like she’s fitting onstage, and is no where near as talented as her girls.
I think she is jealous, the girl from peterlee is tremendous.
I hope she milks America for as much as she can

I saw her on one of the UK talent shows, maybe the voice, cannot remember where she came though.
Yeah, she was on the voice and got pretty far. She was getting interviewed on the BBC a few weeks back and they didn't even mention it, they were just talking about how shy she was, yeah right, she was also invited to go on Americas got talent.

I very much doubt it. She has a cracking Joplin style voice even if she does go over the top with it, but she's just a mimic. I mean, good luck to her and all but these things rarely work out. There was a child guitar prodigy from Newcastle a couple of decades back who was going to do all sorts - had his own little spot at Donnington - ended up working in a guitar shop.

Exactly. Joplin was ground breaking, a true artist and creative.
Copying her sound is just karaoke.

Having already been on the voice I suspect Cowell probably thought he couldn’t use her for BGT or the X Factor, so flew them out to the USA almost as a plant to try out for AGT.
That and the vintage R&B/Soul tracks she mimics would go down better in the USA.

Not daft is Simon, Howie Mandel's crack was way OTT.

Back