Is this Hartlepool, Peterlee schoolgirl going to be a superstar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say that tho so what you on about ? I can only presume youve quoted the wrong post which we all do from time to time.
Didn’t you state you would hate your son to be doing that?
My response was in relation to yours. Did you forget you posted that? Don’t worry, we all do that from time to time.

Didn’t you state you would hate your son to be doing that?
My response was in relation to yours. Did you forget you posted that? Don’t worry, we all do that from time to time.
I think youve massively misunderstood my post to be honest and are now trying to be clever and just making me think youre a bit of a dick.

What i meant was at 13yr old id be very uncomfortable about him being thrown into the limelight in america and having the eyes of the world on him predicting this and that. I want him to be a 13yr old schoolboy going to school and if he has a talent he can showcase it when hes an adult. Just my opinion thats all. I dont like all this child genius stuff, just let them be kids.

Remember a local news article being done on a young lad probably around thirty years ago - I know I wasn’t married or had even met Mrs EJK at that point - who, to my untrained musical ear at least, sounded absolutely amazing. Is that the same lad?
Aye. He was in all the mags at the time, Kerrang etc bigged up as the next Randy Rhodes or Jake e Lee etc

I think youve massively misunderstood my post to be honest and are now trying to be clever and just making me think youre a bit of a dick.

What i meant was at 13yr old id be very uncomfortable about him being thrown into the limelight in america and having the eyes of the world on him predicting this and that. I want him to be a 13yr old schoolboy going to school and if he has a talent he can showcase it when hes an adult. Just my opinion thats all. I dont like all this child genius stuff, just let them be kids.
My sarcasm was a retort at your opinion that I didn’t watch what I was doing or saying.
Anyway, this young lass has been performing for quite sometime on a vastly smaller stage so she is familiar with performing under those limelight’s.
I don’t think anyone has suggested she’s a genius, they only suggest she’s good at what she’s doing. Might not be people type ( it’s definitely not mine) but she’s better than many performers I’ve paid money to go and see.
A 15 yr old laced his own boots up for Fulham the other night and didn’t look out of place other than a questionable hair do.

My sarcasm was a retort at your opinion that I didn’t watch what I was doing or saying.
Anyway, this young lass has been performing for quite sometime on a vastly smaller stage so she is familiar with performing under those limelight’s.
I don’t think anyone has suggested she’s a genius, they only suggest she’s good at what she’s doing. Might not be people type ( it’s definitely not mine) but she’s better than many performers I’ve paid money to go and see.
A 15 yr old laced his own boots up for Fulham the other night and didn’t look out of place other than a questionable hair do.
She's been compared to Janis Joplin as per the OP !

She's been compared to Janis Joplin as per the OP !
And why not. I watched the vid and Janice Joplin didn’t sound too clever in lots of the clips even later on. If she’s looked after and allowed to grow up and perform she may end up better. It’s been mentioned about good songwriting..... heaven knows how good she can become but what a place to be and develop from. I chuffed for her.

And why not. I watched the vid and Janice Joplin didn’t sound too clever in lots of the clips even later on. If she’s looked after and allowed to grow up and perform she may end up better. It’s been mentioned about good songwriting..... heaven knows how good she can become but what a place to be and develop from. I chuffed for her.
Yeah I'm pleased for her too and good luck to her. Pleased it's not my son tho.

Before he’s an adult
Well you're being ridiculous now. I said I don't want him at 13 to be thrust into America and have hundreds of millions of people watching his every move. It's a bit different to coming through the youth system at safc and playing in the first team at 17. Why can't you just accept we don't all want our kids thrown into the limelight.

A ‘friend’ of ours, daughters, are in the same academies / dancing / acting groups and this girl, they say she looks like she’s fitting onstage, and is no where near as talented as her girls.
I think she is jealous, the girl from peterlee is tremendous.
I hope she milks America for as much as she can
It's not always about being the best it's often right place at the right time. I thought she overdid the singing it sounded forced. Still I hope she makes a fortune while she's popular. It's good to see someone from the region doing well and in the states as well.

She came 6th.
Canny voice for a 13 year old and a great stage presence but needs to mature for that style of singing.
Hope she keeps it going though.

Three of her other performances from A.G.T.

Not bad for a (now) 14 year old!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back