Is this Hartlepool, Peterlee schoolgirl going to be a superstar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

There's a world of difference between WOWing an audience for two minutes and actually building a singing career. Good luck to the kid and I hope she uses the experience she will get in the next couple of years in the States to set herself up for a more mature attempt.
Real singers have different colours in their voices, tonal range and dynamics, a clean edge to a held note which only uses vibrato as a tool and not a default, and then they need that special ability to fill the song with emotion.
Belting out a standard will get the XFactor audience on its feet and they will buy Cowells album, but I hope she and her family do not buy the bullshit that she is a 'superstar'.

Hugely irritating voice and style....nethertheless good luck to her and her family..clearly a demand in the states for that :confused:

Hope she and I mean the lass alone makes a mint ££££

I very much doubt it. She has a cracking Joplin style voice even if she does go over the top with it, but she's just a mimic. I mean, good luck to her and all but these things rarely work out. There was a child guitar prodigy from Newcastle a couple of decades back who was going to do all sorts - had his own little spot at Donnington - ended up working in a guitar shop.
Remember a local news article being done on a young lad probably around thirty years ago - I know I wasn’t married or had even met Mrs EJK at that point - who, to my untrained musical ear at least, sounded absolutely amazing. Is that the same lad?

Remember a local news article being done on a young lad probably around thirty years ago - I know I wasn’t married or had even met Mrs EJK at that point - who, to my untrained musical ear at least, sounded absolutely amazing. Is that the same lad?
Someone reminded me of his name, Thomas McLaughlin (McRocklin). Sounds like the same lad - certainly the same time period. He didn't do badly by all accounts - played with some great musicians and on some pretty big stages but with music the old leveller always applies - doesn't matter how good you are, if you're not writing the songs that people want to hear....

the original piece of my heart by Aretha's sister :cool:
Proper singing.

This young lass might be able to do a cut-rate Janis, but she's getting neewhere near this.

Some pretty negative comments on here.

I’ve see her sing a few times and she really impressive.
Is the Dun Cow getting the buskers nights back on any time soon or what?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back