Insulate Britain

I think doing this once for an hour would have had a big impact and would probably have approval from many. But multiples times for hours on end is wrong. Much higher chance of people dying while waiting for an ambulance or treatment.

All other protests that cause disruption will be met with the same action. The government have been waiting for a chance to bring in more powers against protests and these mugs have gave them the means to do it while getting public approval for it.

It's an idiotic act in a country that is pushing harder than any other country to bring down all emissions. Who is going to clean up the vandalism these people are leaving behind with their spilled paints and glue, another job that will cause people to drive to the scene and clean it up creating more emissions just like the added emissions caused by cars and vehicles sitting idle and more emergency services having to come to the scene when they could be utilised elsewhere.

It's an idiotic act in a country that is pushing harder than any other country to bring down all emissions. Who is going to clean up the vandalism these people are leaving behind with their spilled paints and glue, another job that will cause people to drive to the scene and clean it up creating more emissions just like the added emissions caused by cars and vehicles sitting idle and more emergency services having to come to the scene when they could be utilised elsewhere.
Fair point. More burning emissions (like those in the traffic jams), and resources wasted.

I think doing this once for an hour would have had a big impact and would probably have approval from many. But multiples times for hours on end is wrong. Much higher chance of people dying while waiting for an ambulance or treatment.

All other protests that cause disruption will be met with the same action. The government have been waiting for a chance to bring in more powers against protests and these mugs have gave them the means to do it while getting public approval for it.
They have done their cause nothing but harm. Apparently one of the main protester's hasn't even got his own house insulated.🤷🤣

Absolutely thick as fuck & people have sympathy for them :lol: :lol:
Indeed. Only the idiots.
Aye, about time. Fortunately for them this will come in to play before they stop an ambulance or a car with somebody in having a medical emergency. They’d soon lose any support from 99% of the population. If they can’t think of a grown up way to get their views heard, it’s their problem.
Practicing what they are trying to preach would be a start.

Last edited:
How long do they sit in the road for? I can't find any reason for supporting them doing this on motorways. Anyone who has been involved in a motorway crash knows how quickly things escalate.

If anyone is hurt due to their actions, instead of kicking their heads in, why not freeze their assets and make them pay the costs of any care, house adjustments, etc And let people sue them for inconvenience. Even an organisation like this won't like being hit in the pocket.

It's a worthy cause but IB's tactics are a bit misguided.

I'm struggling to think of any movement which has alienated themselves more than these morons

Every time I hear them interviewed they come across as sanctimonious, patronising, middle class tossers
They have done their cause nothing but harm. Apparently one of the main protester's hasn't even got his own house insulated.🤷🤣

One of the leaders of extinction rebellion drives a diesel car :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
How long do they sit in the road for? I can't find any reason for supporting them doing this on motorways. Anyone who has been involved in a motorway crash knows how quickly things escalate.
i would just pray the overhead gantries are warning of the danger and there's not some huge carnage with vehicles going into the back of each other.
i honestly find that scenario frightening.
regardless of their intentions they need prosecuting and made an example of.

Difficult to believe that a group can alienate people from a position that they essentially agree with. Insulate Britain look to shoot themselves in the head. I suspect the idea of energy conservation will continue but they won't.

BLM is a thing is the last now. They'll find something else soon enough. Christmas not far away, probably stand outside Turkey farms or something
*thing of the past
BLM have always been a bunch of never were's. Not even a thing of the past. Another group side-lined while people continue to fight for justice for their 'cause' using better tactics. And to think that people got so worked up about how 'dangerous' they were to society. See? It usually works that way.

Back