Insulate Britain

That was a silly suggestion from that presenter. Not being able to protest in China has no bearing on this matter.

They care. Of that there is no doubt but their actions are a bit OTT and they're being called out for that which is fair enough. This thing that we only have five years to save the planet is also hysterical. If they're right we're already screwed.
Yes they care but the government are actually actively pushing this initiative and are actually trying to get he big polluters (US, China, Russia, Middle East) on board too.
What they are doing isn't really going to change anything and they are actually causing more bother to the world with their ill thought out and dangerous actions.

Wow, just watched that, bloke is clearly a deranged hypocrite who ran away when faced with his own bs.

I do think these eco-terrorist groups are becoming a growing threat and it’s only a matter of time before someone is killed. Needs to be nipped in the bud now.
The young are angry. They’ll be taking fat old neigh sayers like you out big time. There’ll be no nipping of any buds. Good on them.
Yes they care but the government are actually actively pushing this initiative and are actually trying to get he big polluters (US, China, Russia, Middle East) on board too.
What they are doing isn't really going to change anything and they are actually causing more bother to the world with their ill thought out and dangerous actions.
Yeah those suffragettes should have just waited in line until parliament finally got round to discussing voting rights for women. The planet is falling apart, direct action is needed.

Last edited:
he was also called a fascist and a terrorist. Insulate Britain are a lot of things, but they aren’t the Nazis, al qaeda, IRA or ISIS. They are irritating, hypocritical and dangerous at best and I have sympathy with some of your posts on this matter but let’s have some perspective on this.
I haven't called them any of the above things in your first sentence and agree that's well over the top

The young are angry. They’ll be taking fat old neigh sayers like you out big time. There’ll be no nipping of any buds. Good on them.

Yeah those suffragettes should have just waited in line until parliament finally got round to discussing voting rights for women. The planet is falling apart, direct action is needed.
You are missing the point here fella, the UK Government ARE doing something about it.

Do you know what is being done about it in much bigger countries than the UK?

I can tell you first hand that no where near as much is being done in the US or the Middle East and don't even think that China will look at it and they are the worst offenders.

It's almost getting to the same levels as the shop shouters.

Not sure about it being no big deal, these people are fanatics and becoming increasingly dangerous to society.
During the poll tax riots I remember my train being derailed and I was six hours late because some fool dangerously put wood blocks on the line as part of the protest. During the miners strike someone suugested petrol bombing a scab bus and I easily talked them out of it. I would say they are a danger to themselves and other indiviuals. I think society condider them fools and they pose no danger to it. Stop using silly language.

You are missing the point here fella, the UK Government ARE doing something about it.

Do you know what is being done about it in much bigger countries than the UK?

I can tell you first hand that no where near as much is being done in the US or the Middle East and don't even think that China will look at it and they are the worst offenders.

It's almost getting to the same levels as the shop shouters.
China is the biggest investor in green technology in the world so your post is absolute bollocks. Below is just one example.
In the chemical industry, one small incident will result in the offender being shut down.

Last edited:
I don’t accept climate advice off a teenage girl with a mental disorder. Attenborough embarrassed himself for entertaining her nonsense.
Embarrassed you say. He makes more sense than you do. So does Greta even with her 'mental disorder'.
Yes.

During the poll tax riots I remember my train being derailed and I was six hours late because some fool dangerously put wood blocks on the line as part of the protest. During the miners strike someone suugested petrol bombing a scab bus and I easily talked them out of it. I would say they are a danger to themselves and other indiviuals. I think society condider them fools and they pose no danger to it. Stop using silly language.

Think again Jon, these eco warriors are costing lives.

China is the biggest investor in green technology in the world so your post is absolute bollocks. Below is just one example.
In the chemical industry, one small incident will result in the offender being shut down.
Ok fella, that is a drop in the ocean compared to what they actually pump out in to the atmosphere. So call the fact that China are the biggest polluting country bollocks is simply rubbish.

Check out this one Which countries are the world’s biggest carbon polluters? - Climate Trade

Think again Jon, these eco warriors are costing lives.
I meant delayed sorry. It wasn't derailed but it was dangerous.

I know. We dealt with the consequences of their actions as we do now. A danger to themselves and other individuals. Not society. Society will roll on.

i would just pray the overhead gantries are warning of the danger and there's not some huge carnage with vehicles going into the back of each other.
i honestly find that scenario frightening.
regardless of their intentions they need prosecuting and made an example of.
Difficult to argue with that although it depends a bit on what you mean by 'made an example of'. They can only be prosecuted under the laws we have in place and you don't want to turn them into some kind of martyrs. That's why I would rather do something like freezing their assets although I admit I have no idea what sort of donations they get and how much they rely on them.

Back