Inside No.9

Think that's what they were going for, There was something about a book on psychology with Aiden so maybe she got curious about her behaviour and read up on it?...

I enjoyed it either way :lol:
Horses for course, of course, mate! Got to be honest, this series has been a disappointing one for me, bar the magician one which was brilliant.

Horses for course, of course, mate! Got to be honest, this series has been a disappointing one for me, bar the magician one which was brilliant.
I will admit that it hasn't been as consistent this series, still have enjoyed every episode mate. Don't watch much regular tv it is a nice change.

Maybe this will be the last one?

I will admit that it hasn't been as consistent this series, still have enjoyed every episode mate. Don't watch much regular tv it is a nice change.

Maybe this will be the last one?
Who knows? It's pretty popular so I doubt it.

How did she explain it, though? Like a spurt of realisation? It doesn't make sense. It was pure psychoanalysis!
I had subtitles on as the baby was crying and it called the voice "Therapist" which I thought could be what was intended, but the episode is called "Thinking Out Loud" so I do think it's supposed to be her own realisation, maybe helped by therapy... a bit of artistic licence as to which is which.

Last edited:
I had subtitles on as the baby was crying and it called the voice "Therapist" which I thought could be what was intended, but the episode is called "Thinking Out Loud" so I do think it's supposed to be her own realisation, maybe helped by therapy... a bit of artistic licence as to which is which.
See, that makes it even worse as it would point to her having some deep understanding of the condition she's suffering from. Is she two personalities at once in that scenario? I think the idea wouldn't work without an explanation at the end and there wasn't an effective way to shoehorn it in.
Don't know where i read it but i'm sure series 4 was supposed to be the last.
Fair to say... this episode has mixed reviews on the internet :lol:
Any links? I'd like to see if people have the same problem I did as I can't find anyone else mentioning it! All I can find are the usual 5 star reviews on Den of Geek, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
See, that makes it even worse as it would point to her having some deep understanding of the condition she's suffering from. Is she two personalities at once in that scenario? I think the idea wouldn't work without an explanation at the end and there wasn't an effective way to shoehorn it in.

Any links? I'd like to see if people have the same problem I did as I can't find anyone else mentioning it! All I can find are the usual 5 star reviews on Den of Geek, etc.

Cheers, mate. It's good to see some critical analysis as all I'd seen so far was the usual effusive praise but I think you see that with most things on the Internet these days. It's good to see that I'm not the only one who has issues with the episode although I can't see anyone talking about the unusual explanation problem I've mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliantly acted, brilliantly written.
Do you think? I though there was some decidedly dicey acting and writing in that yesterday... Not to mention that type of story has been done to death already.

Do you think? I though there was some decidedly dicey acting and writing in that yesterday... Not to mention that type of story has been done to death already.

I thought the acting was excellent Lex, especially Shearsmith. As for it being done to death, I realise there have been many dramas of this type, but personally the only time I've seen films/tv about split/duel personalities were Psycho & Shutter Island iirc.... Oh and Batman. ;)

That latest one was pretty tedious for long sections.
Hated the "blogger" videos especially.
I liked the footy one, but other than that, for me it's been a fairly weak series unfortunately.

Back