Inside No.9

Enjoyed it, thought it was better than the referee episode. On the podcast they were saying they just wanted to make an episode about family love and the ups and downs they go through, without too much of a twist. They don't want to always be predictably unpredictable....or summat like that!

Big fans of the two lads, the previous series and LOG but this series so far has been well off the mark.

See I think it's been excellent. First two weren't classics, last nights was brilliantly acted. The scene with the dad and son at the table was superb.

Its just not what we've come to expect, which is jarring. Much like last week for those not familiar with Psychoville.

See I think it's been excellent. First two weren't classics, last nights was brilliantly acted. The scene with the dad and son at the table was superb.

Its just not what we've come to expect, which is jarring. Much like last week for those not familiar with Psychoville.
I enjoyed this one more. It was gritty and uncomfortable. That said, I don't think this series holds a candle to some of the previous ones so far. Yet when I look on Twitter and the like, people are giving it unremitting praise. I think I might be broken as I reckon it's been average leaning towards poor. There's been some wit, sure, but very little of the cleverness of past episodes.

That's more like what I've come to expect from Inside Number 9! Fantastic, clever stuff.
Agreed!
That was the day when the son stole the money, his dad caught him, then the son assaulted his dad. Gave him the broken wrist and black eye.
I had completely missed the relevance of the wife’s car crash till it was explained to me (I’d complained of the lack of a twist!)...

Last edited:

Back