Inside No.9

Shearsmith needed Pemberton to feed Pemberton's partner that Shearsmith killed before
Suppose but not sure why? There are another few issues I have, but I reckon they're small enough that most other people won't care. Like why was Shearsmith assigned to Pemberton? And how the hell did he become a police officer? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

The best series for me, consistently very good.

Didn't expect the twist at all in the final episode. Just listened to the podcast and all the clues were there though, right from the start, bloody annoying :lol: Makes it better when you know they had to write that episode at the very last minute to replace the planned episode, as it was too expensive to shoot.

The best series for me, consistently very good.

Didn't expect the twist at all in the final episode. Just listened to the podcast and all the clues were there though, right from the start, bloody annoying :lol: Makes it better when you know they had to write that episode at the very last minute to replace the planned episode, as it was too expensive to shoot.
Was kicking myself when I realized how he delivered the monologue at the start :lol:

Here's a question and I apologise if I'm being obtuse, but why did he save his life at the docks? Was there some specific reason why he wanted to kill him himself at the boneyard? Or was he just being malicious?
He was playing with his food according to Shearsmith. :lol:

Here's a question and I apologise if I'm being obtuse, but why did he save his life at the docks? Was there some specific reason why he wanted to kill him himself at the boneyard? Or was he just being malicious?

If I was going to nitpick and point out a plothole/Implausibility it would be how/why did Varney undertake his training? Surely wouldn't have been able to do it all at night.. I'm also not sure why he would go so out of his way to be so kind.
Weakest series by quite some way but the standard they'd set was frighteningly high so it was bound to happen

Really can't agree. Some of the best episodes were in this series, it just wasn't as dark overall which I think has disappointed some. Love's Great Adventure was one of their best.

Last edited:
If I was going to nitpick and point out a plothole/Implausibility it would be how/why did Varney undertake his training? Surely wouldn't have been able to do it all at night.. I'm also not sure why he would go so out of his way to be so kind.

Really can't agree. Some of the best episodes were in this series, it just wasn't as dark overall which I think has disappointed some. Love's Great Adventure was one of their best.
Re: the spoiler, that was one of the things on my mind. But I reckon if you put that to Shearsmith (and he answers quite a bit on Twitter) he'd tell you not to think too much into it. :lol: Re: the kindness, Shearsmith answered that one: he was 'playing with his food'. :lol:

Re: the spoiler, that was one of the things on my mind. But I reckon if you put that to Shearsmith (and he answers quite a bit on Twitter) he'd tell you not to think too much into it. :lol: Re: the kindness, Shearsmith answered that one: he was 'playing with his food'. :lol:
He could have just bumped off the replacement special officer and taken his place.

I thought it was one of the strongest series so far. Not sure it had the absolute high points of some earlier series but I don't think it had the one or two lows the rest have had. Death Be Not Proud was the least impressive episode but a lot of that was down to it being an add on to Psychoville. Independently, it was an okay episode.

Back