Inside No.9

Absolutely love this show. Just discovered it a few days ago after thinking it was a series about a referee not realising every show is different. I had no idea that it was been on for about 5 series. I`ve watched the first season and am onto season 2. The one with Sheridan Smith was absolutely brilliant. British writing and TV at its very best. The casting is superb too. Really enjoying this and I`m totally hooked now.

Absolutely love this show. Just discovered it a few days ago after thinking it was a series about a referee not realising every show is different. I had no idea that it was been on for about 5 series. I`ve watched the first season and am onto season 2. The one with Sheridan Smith was absolutely brilliant. British writing and TV at its very best. The casting is superb too. Really enjoying this and I`m totally hooked now.

Enjoy mate, you've got an emotional roller coaster ahead of you!

Logon or register to see this image

Thinking Out Loud
Inside No. 9Series 5
Episode 5 of 6
Seven disparate characters share their stories with a camera, their fates inevitably, inextricably and unknowingly set for a head-on collision. Maxine Peake, Phil Davis, Sandra Gayer and Ioanna Kimbook guest star in an episode directed by Steve Pemberton.

I'll have to watch it again, was on the drink yesterday and I honestly had no f***ing clue what was going on :lol:

Basically...
The lad in the dating video beats his wife so hard that it killed her and traumatized the daughter so much that she split her mind into several persona's and the episode pretty much shows her debating through these characters, who reflected different angles on how to cope with her experience. (while talking to a camera under the delusion that she is talking to a sort of overwatcher)if her murdering her dad would be the right idea, as you can see Galan won by "killing" the blogger (the only optimistic side of her personality).

I think that's accurate :lol:
The lads are at the best when the subject matter is dark.

Last edited:
I thought that was probably the best episode of this series.
Worst for me. Just didn't click with me. The monologues bored me for the most part.
Also, who was the voice that explained the situation at the end?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that she has become fully aware of how her mind has become? and has accepted it
How did she explain it, though? Like a spurt of realisation? It doesn't make sense. It was pure psychoanalysis!

Back