Inside No.9

Highly recommend you listen to their podcast... seems only available on bbc sounds though:

looks like they’ve wanted to work with the characters since the first series, still don’t buy it as part of the inside no.9 environment though - even if it is as they say ‘canon’.

What I never knew was that was the utterly brilliant Sarah Solmani was David’s girlfriend (has no idea she’d been in physcoville). Gonna rewatch psychoville again before watching last nights again.
Disappointing that they went back to psychoville, what next? Edward & Tubbs? ;)

Still very good telly mind.
Agreed... they claim that it’s been long enough they can go back to previous stuff they’ve done as a pair...

Last edited:
Any excuse to post one of my favourite ever comedy moments:

Not the funniest bit of Psychoville but was funny to see the episode end on this dance. The Inside No 9 kiss bit as they move in towards each other! :lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly one of the most memorable comedy moments of all time for me. :lol: Came from nowhere and properly shocked you.

As for that episode, I'm not sure. Interesting in parts but I'm not convinced that it worked.
they cut out the best bit, when he takes the wig off :lol:
:) :) Having not watched Psychoville I had no idea of the relevance, it was purely for the fans wasn't it :) :)
Did it work as a standalone episode of number9? impossible for me to tell

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Highly recommend you listen to their podcast... seems only available on bbc sounds though:

looks like they’ve wanted to work with the characters since the first series, still don’t buy it as part of the inside no.9 environment though - even if it is as they say ‘canon’.

What I never knew was that was the utterly brilliant Sarah Solmani was David’s girlfriend (has no idea she’d been in physcoville). Gonna rewatch psychoville again before watching last nights again.

Agreed... they claim that it’s been long enough they can go back to previous stuff they’ve done as a pair...
Sounded like they mainly wanted to do it so they could do another dance :lol: And Reece seemed very keen to do Series 3.

Never appreciated the level of detail that goes into making an episode before listening to the podcast.

Aye, I loved Psychoville so of course loved it. It was very much rooted in their older work, the over the top grotesqeury..

So those who have always followed them, loved LoG, Psychoville would love it. Perhaps for those who are just fans of Inside no 9 it was a bit jarring.

This was exactly the case for me. I'd never watched psychoville so probably loads was lost on me whilst you were pissing ya pants with laughter :)

Back