India v England series

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think this is not important in the grand scheme of things. @rentaghost is entitled to his opinion and there is a good debate to be had. But there are far more important things in life.

Better off with Jeffrey.
im fine with this. no probs with rentaghost me. its 1-1. we shall see tomorrow for the next lbw umpires call
Didn't get to see any of the cricket after the first hour after lunch did the ball hoop around for Anderson and co for England?
not a smidgen. it spun square for leach though
On field umpiring yes - off field umpiring terrible.

Which decisions by the on field umpires do you think have been bad?
four lbws and the one given not on umpires call for england. totally inconsistent umpiring on field. also the very strange bounce when leach appealed. none of the umpire calls showed any bounce like that in indian reviews

Last edited:
im fine with this. no probs with rentaghost me. its 1-1. we shall see tomorrow for the next lbw umpires call

not a smidgen. it spun square for leach though

four lbws and the one given not on umpires call for england. totally inconsistent umpiring on field. also the very strange bounce when leach appealed. none of the umpire calls showed any bounce like that in indian reviews

The Leach one Rohit was a long way down. The Root one to me looked plumb. Roots reaction looked like he thought he was a gonner and it ended up being umpires call on height. Rohits was going over the top if they were going to fiddle the technology they could have made it umpires call and he still would have been out 😉

The Leach one Rohit was a long way down. The Root one to me looked plumb. Roots reaction looked like he thought he was a gonner and it ended up being umpires call on height. Rohits was going over the top if they were going to fiddle the technology they could have made it umpires call and he still would have been out 😉
im not having it. he was not a long way down and the bounce was huge, bearing in mind it hit him on the knee. the onfield fired out a couple of england when it hit thigh pad and lo and behold it clips the bails

you seriously thinking that ashwin and axar would get less bounce and turn than leach?

im off to watch osullivan v lisowski. no doubt we will rejoin the debate tomorrow

premature O’Sullivan on tomorrow night. Grr. Emmerdale it is

Last edited:

Aye that looks out to me like

How can you not check that

Umpiring been an utter disgrace not up to international standards

Its meant to be a top series, but the whole set up has been a shambles. only thing befitting of the hype has been Indian\s spin bowling which has been top notch.

Rest is not up to par, you see the craters the bowlers have to land their foot into man? you'll break your foot if you land it in there enough times.

You need elite umpires, these wouldnt get a gig in the county championship

Aye that looks out to me like

How can you not check that

Umpiring been an utter disgrace not up to international standards

Its meant to be a top series, but the whole set up has been a shambles. only thing befitting of the hype has been Indian\s spin bowling which has been top notch.

Rest is not up to par, you see the craters the bowlers have to land their foot into man? you'll break your foot if you land it in there enough times.

You need elite umpires, these wouldnt get a gig in the county championship

Don’t understand why the 3rd umpire can’t be a neutral in Australia or wherever with access to the camera feeds

Don’t understand why the 3rd umpire can’t be a neutral in Australia or wherever with access to the camera feeds

They have 50k in the stadium, ECB chiefs can fly out today and mix in the stands, sitting inches from others, yet we cant fly out 3 elite umpires for this series

England will be well beaten, but with the pitches, umpiring, lack of warm up, rotation etc, they just have no chance

I think it was out as well. If it was an England batsmen it would have been looked at for an hour. Keeper reaction usually a good indicator and Foakes was confident
They have 50k in the stadium, ECB chiefs can fly out today and mix in the stands, sitting inches from others, yet we cant fly out 3 elite umpires for this series

England will be well beaten, but with the pitches, umpiring, lack of warm up, rotation etc, they just have no chance

To be honest we’ve done well to win a test. Hope there isn’t a big overreaction to this series when it’s the hardest place to tour

His foot moving is the give away it was airborne
I think it was out as well. If it was an England batsmen it would have been looked at for an hour. Keeper reaction usually a good indicator and Foakes was confident

To be honest we’ve done well to win a test. Hope there isn’t a big overreaction to this series when it’s the hardest place to tour
I agree about doing well, then voluntarily not playing that team that won that test in the rest of the series. It was always said, you don’t change winning teams barring injury. it also gets into opposition heads when certain people keep getting the other out.

imagine England resting broad after he got into Warner’s nut? It wouldn’t happen, but here we are choosing to change a winning team

Last edited:

I don't think there will be. I think most players who have failed on this tour will get another chance. Most are young and emerging players. I also agree with the 3rd umpiring - there's something not right when tight decisions are returned in 10 seconds flat irrespective of whether they end up being right or wrong. I think when the time is right the players issues with the decisions by the 3rd umpire will be made public. In my view they wont have any issues with the umpires on the field of play but time will tell.

I don't think there will be. I think most players who have failed on this tour will get another chance. Most are young and emerging players. I also agree with the 3rd umpiring - there's something not right when tight decisions are returned in 10 seconds flat irrespective of whether they end up being right or wrong. I think when the time is right the players issues with the decisions by the 3rd umpire will be made public. In my view they wont have any issues with the umpires on the field of play but time will tell.

For what it's worth I tend to agree. I actually don't think they've got a huge amount wrong on the field. Nitin Menon in particular has been good imo and I said so in the last game. It’s the other two that have been 3rd umpire that are the problem.

I don’t think Stokes catch was out and I don’t think the stumping was out - but I’ve only seen it once.

The major issue for me is the influence being applied by the Indians to the on field umpires & the 3rd umpires total failure to use the technology properly in the last two games resulting in the inconsistency that's been applied to making decisions.

Taking ages reviewing Pujara's catch, and not overturning it despite strong evidence to do so, then overturning Stokes after one look is just one example of that. One of many.

Ironically the Stokes catch was not out and they gave it out, which goes against that but they've been weak against Kohli all series, allowed him far too much leeway for his behaviour and not reprimanded him for running on the pitch.

There is clear and blatant influence been applied by the Indian’s behaviour, in particular Shastri & Kohli, there is no doubt about that and that is shown by how much more ready they are to give marginal lbw shouts, that are shown to be umpires call, in India’s favour and not for us.

For what it's worth I tend to agree. I actually don't think they've got a huge amount wrong on the field. Nitin Menon in particular has been good imo and I said so in the last game. It’s the other two that have been 3rd umpire that are the problem.

I don’t think Stokes catch was out and I don’t think the stumping was out - but I’ve only seen it once.

The major issue for me is the influence being applied by the Indians to the on field umpires & the 3rd umpires total failure to use the technology properly in the last two games resulting in the inconsistency that's been applied to making decisions.

Taking ages reviewing Pujara's catch, and not overturning it despite strong evidence to do so, then overturning Stokes after one look is just one example of that. One of many.

Ironically the Stokes catch was not out and they gave it out, which goes against that but they've been weak against Kohli all series, allowed him far too much leeway for his behaviour and not reprimanded him for running on the pitch.

There is clear and blatant influence been applied by the Indian’s behaviour, in particular Shastri & Kohli, there is no doubt about that and that is shown by how much more ready they are to give marginal lbw shouts, that are shown to be umpires call, in India’s favour and not for us.

I agree with lots of that and it seems Kohli has previous for running on the pitch in Australia (mind you he wasn't sanctioned there with Australian umpires either) I just dont agree with the umpires call line of argument. Umpires are looking as to whether a ball is hitting the player in line or not and whether is going on to hit or not. They have a split second to decide and they cant distinguish between a ball that's hitting 3/4 the way up middle stump or hitting the bails. No umpire is that good and all umpires get gigs in the future based on their success rate, their future earnings depend on making good decisions.
I have moved on this after our discussions in the last test - its clear that Kohli is out of order in how he is conducting himself and applying pressure and while i was willing to give the benefit of doubt re the technology decisions in the second test but not now simply down to the lack of time a consideration they are giving to close calls. I wont however criticise umpires for giving people out when they are out. The LBWs against England today people on here called them out at the time the umpires gave it and were then kicking off when it was shown to be umpires call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back