India v England series

Not out as

a) it wasn't
b) Nowt to do withy on field umpire who referred it as they always do

far too quick a decision by the off field crew again tho.
Sort of 50/50. His foot was raised, the wicket lights were on, indicating they were broken. The third umpire Indian took one angle. Not out

last test, kohli bowled, it took ten mins of reviews before he walked.

inconsistency at best, something else possibly going on

right I’m off to eat some raw steak and look to fell a tree with my bare hands. Steaming here.

roll on tomorrow morning :lol: ;)

Last edited:
Not out as

a) it wasn't
b) Nowt to do withy on field umpire who referred it as they always do

far too quick a decision by the off field crew again tho.

How can you say it was far too quick a decision by the third umpire and that it wasn’t out? That suggests you think there is doubt. To me, it looked like his foot was raised when the bails were removed but couldn’t quite see if there was anything touching the ground. That’s why it needed much more of a look. Exactly the same with the Stokes catch (though I think that looked not out, it still needed more of a look).

Top and bottom of it is that English batsmen would not have been awarded that same benefit of the doubt so swiftly.

Liking him more and more I see him

repeatable action, turns the ball, and a fighter

I know he has had illness issues but he should have played a lot more for England, all last summer why Bess was prefered no idea, even going back to Cook, he didnt pick him despite taking hatfuls of wickets

Been messed about a bit IMO, Root should see now that he can rely on him though

Sort of 50/50. His foot was raised, the wicket lights were on, indicating they were broken. The third umpire Indian took one angle. Not out

last test, kohli bowled, it took ten mins of reviews before he walked.

inconsistency at best, something else possibly going on

right I’m off to eat some raw steak and look to fell a tree with my bare hands. Steaming here.

roll on tomorrow morning :lol: ;)
Thank fuck i've got my weights tomorrow afternoon :lol:, saying that the umps will give me out!
Anyway, the one positive from this tour is Jack Leach, getting better and better

one of the first names on the team sheet for me in all conditions now
You know what you get with him, honest pro.

:lol::lol::lol:

wow, didnt think you'd say this, dunno why I am surprised.

Look mate i have a lush family and a cracking dog called Colin :lol: I swear on the lives of all of them that i'm not playing games here and I am as astonished at others as you are at me. I'm at work and saw the first replay of the stumping, it looked not out. If i'm wrong i'll be the first to admit it. The on filed umpires have got a lot of things right today and a couple of decisions wrong either way. I cant for the life of me see how their performance hasn't been at worst decent.

I’m under no illusions we would be in a much better position but the third umpire needs looking into, he has been awful and I now don’t think it’s mistakes two tests and this has happened.
I can sometimes give the infield lads a benefit of doubt as well they get a second to decide most the time, but they have still made some suspect decisions

England will lose but we can still and should complain about the third umpire just half arsed watching of England’s reviews but soon as india do it they get 25 angles kholis face shot at least 4 times then a long review

Look mate i have a lush family and a cracking dog called Colin :lol: I swear on the lives of all of them that i'm not playing games here and I am as astonished at others as you are at me. I'm at work and saw the first replay of the stumping, it looked not out. If i'm wrong i'll be the first to admit it. The on filed umpires have got a lot of things right today and a couple of decisions wrong either way. I cant for the life of me see how their performance hasn't been at worst decent.

the umpiring has been shocking, you are the only person I've seen today, including from the media, who thinks it has been good!

Are you half Indian or something?

How can you say it was far too quick a decision by the third umpire and that it wasn’t out? That suggests you think there is doubt. To me, it looked like his foot was raised when the bails were removed but couldn’t quite see if there was anything touching the ground. That’s why it needed much more of a look. Exactly the same with the Stokes catch (though I think that looked not out, it still needed more of a look).

Top and bottom of it is that English batsmen would not have been awarded that same benefit of the doubt so swiftly.

Firstly the argument here has been about the on field umpires which again aren't responsible here. Then I was just giving an opinion that from what I saw his foot looked grounded when the bails came off. I thought it was not out but that on all stumpings they need to take much more time - the off filed crew seemed far to keen to give it not out far too quickly.

I’m under no illusions we would be in a much better position but the third umpire needs looking into, he has been awful and I now don’t think it’s mistakes two tests and this has happened.
I can sometimes give the infield lads a benefit of doubt as well they get a second to decide most the time, but they have still made some suspect decisions

England will lose but we can still and should complain about the third umpire just half arsed watching of England’s reviews but soon as india do it they get 25 angles kholis face shot at least 4 times then a long review

Look at the replays Pujara got for his catch and Kohli when he was actually bowled! its remarkable

our 2 got less than 10 seconds combined!

Also telling that there wasn't one replay by the TV director of the stumping after

the umpiring has been shocking, you are the only person I've seen today, including from the media, who thinks it has been good!

Are you half Indian or something?

Which decisions have the on field umpires got wrong? Broad LBW, Rohit LBW, Stokes catch? The issue from the media etc seem to be with the 3rd umpire and rightly so.

Last edited:

Back