In defence of Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really do struggle with the negativity of some of the posters on here. I have been a Sunderland fan for 65 years and have seen some very depressing times and some real chancers. However in Stewart’s case I genuinely believe he has the best interests of Sunderland football club at heart. He is honest enough to admit that he has made mistakes (haven’t we all) but to persecute him in the way he has been I think reflects badly on us as genuine fans. The club needs unity and should get behind him.... stop the vitriol and let’s really get behind the club.

Behind the club he led to the worst part of its history?

Respect he came on the radio and was open , my concern is he’s out his depth and the deal he has done is naive. if they did default the ‘investors’ have more than covered their risk in the property charges so, wont have any motivation and could just sit on it strip those assets out etc ...i do believe Donald is genuine and wants the best for the club but he biggest mistake of all could be appointing Parkinson , I’ll back him 100% but he’s got a huge job on his hands ...also wish cm was employed as pr and not a director he would be sacked if he was
You ever been to Carley Hill?

Home to a cracking chippy

Respect he came on the radio and was open , my concern is he’s out his depth and the deal he has done is naive. if they did default the ‘investors’ have more than covered their risk in the property charges so, wont have any motivation and could just sit on it strip those assets out etc ...i do believe Donald is genuine and wants the best for the club but he biggest mistake of all could be appointing Parkinson , I’ll back him 100% but he’s got a huge job on his hands ...also wish cm was employed as pr and not a director he would be sacked if he was

Home to a cracking chippy

The best

Take your pick mate, there's been tons of them.

Like the takeover, which some on here claimed was an assumption by ‘deluded’ posters and never, ever mentioned by the owners? The same takeover that Methven insisted was pure fan delusion and media fantasy? The same takeover that SD admitted tonight was on the table after all?

We’ve been lied to and basically called liars. The posters who denied a takeover was ever mentioned and gave abuse to those who insisted it was should apologise. SD should have straightened it out tonight and apologised to the fans for playing them for fools.

I think the damage is done. He looks way out of his depth and has got himself in state with all the lies and half truths.

I think FPP have seen right through him too. They know he isn't a clever businessman and have managed (hopefully) to get themselves into a position to get the club at a rock bottom price.

Like the takeover, which some on here claimed was an assumption by ‘deluded’ posters and never, ever mentioned by the owners? The same takeover that Methven insisted was pure fan delusion and media fantasy? The same takeover that SD admitted tonight was on the table after all?

We’ve been lied to and basically called liars. The posters who denied a takeover was ever mentioned and gave abuse to those who insisted it was should apologise. SD should have straightened it out tonight and apologised to the fans for playing them for fools.

No mate I wasn't thinking of that.

Donald said that the last 18 month has been a huge struggle and I believe it to be the case. It's easy for us armchair fans saying do this and do that but the reality of what most fans think should be a piece of piss will be very different. This isn't the only big club to fall so far and then struggle to come to terms with where it is and how it get's out of it.

SD will be fighting many battles at the club due to the sheer f***ing size of the damn thing.....its a premier league ground with premier league bills in league one with no money coming in for a start.

Hes not a chancer, you can tell in his voice that those kind of comments hurt him and nor I don't think hes here for a quick buck, hes probably been as guilty as most of us fans in thinking he could turn this round no bother and that's been his biggest failure to date as well as our own as fans.

I'm pleased he came on and addressed things as much as he could, not many would do that and I respect him for it.

What both he and his marra should do is put their heads together and settle on their story then stick to it. Cos 50% of the shit being slung at them is brought about their inability to do so. Poor Louisa thingy must be tearing her hair out.

Fair enough, what was on your mind?

I was particularly thinking of the thread started by a bloke who decided that SD might not (as he's stated) be taking a wage from SAFC, but he was being deliberately misleading because he probably took a wage from Madrox.
The thread was littered with people treating it as 'truth' and joining in, until someone who knew about this kind of thing popped up and told him he was entirely wrong.

It struck me on that (and other threads) that posters were actively looking for things they could assume about the owners to have a go.

The thing is we have f***ing loads of things to be critical / worry about regarding our recruitment, football decision making, playing staff, tactics and fitness that are real and true, we don't need to make stuff up and get personal about anything else!

Donald said that the last 18 month has been a huge struggle and I believe it to be the case. It's easy for us armchair fans saying do this and do that but the reality of what most fans think should be a piece of piss will be very different. This isn't the only big club to fall so far and then struggle to come to terms with where it is and how it get's out of it.

SD will be fighting many battles at the club due to the sheer f***ing size of the damn thing.....its a premier league ground with premier league bills in league one with no money coming in for a start.

Hes not a chancer, you can tell in his voice that those kind of comments hurt him and nor I don't think hes here for a quick buck, hes probably been as guilty as most of us fans in thinking he could turn this round no bother and that's been his biggest failure to date as well as our own as fans.

I'm pleased he came on and addressed things as much as he could, not many would do that and I respect him for it.
this.

Too many experts on here if they are genuine SAFC fans in the first place.

Our attendances since he took over, home and away, suggest we have very much been behind him. We however have not been repaid in the slightest
Repaid, you don’t support a team to get repaid!!! If you wanted that you would never have supported SAFC. Plus 2 trips to Wembley I thoroughly enjoyed ( apart from the results). It will be a long time if ever we get to Wembley twice in 1 season

I think the damage is done. He looks way out of his depth and has got himself in state with all the lies and half truths.

I think FPP have seen right through him too. They know he isn't a clever businessman and have managed (hopefully) to get themselves into a position to get the club at a rock bottom price.

I think you are wrong here. SD stated that it will never happen. He or Santori can cover the loan. Read other threads as to WHY he chose to get the Americans involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back