In defence of Stewart

Your age has no bearing really since we are by far at the lowest ebb the club has ever been at and are in grave danger of getting even worse.
Donald’s overseen this with pretty much a clean slate after Short wrote the debt off. Wish he’d ever bought the club and I’m sure he does too

I really do struggle with the negativity of some of the posters on here. I have been a Sunderland fan for 65 years and have seen some very depressing times and some real chancers. However in Stewart’s case I genuinely believe he has the best interests of Sunderland football club at heart. He is honest enough to admit that he has made mistakes (haven’t we all) but to persecute him in the way he has been I think reflects badly on us as genuine fans. The club needs unity and should get behind him.... stop the vitriol and let’s really get behind the club.

Couldn't have said it better.

I really don't understand the negativity around him.

However in Stewart’s case I genuinely believe he has the best interests of Sunderland football club at heart. .

Sadly i disagree mate - he only has the best interests of Stewart Donald at heart
That’s all right , Iam sure he doesnt lose sleep over a bloke called Fred the Fan who hides behind an avatar,

Errr thanks ..... 'Chewit' ..........for your thoughts....... from behind your avatar !!!

That's how this things works mate :rolleyes:

Last edited:
One backs to wall interview and he’s suckered a few more back in. Donald is wasted as as football owner, he should really be in the Evangelism business over in the states. He’d clean up....

One backs to wall interview and he’s suckered a few more back in. Donald is wasted as as football owner, he should really be in the Evangelism business over in the states. He’d clean up....

Yep we are all utterly gullible:rolleyes: ... it remains to be seen if he puts/ leaves this club in a better place than he found it. But I would rather give the man a reasonable chance than kick him whilst he’s down. The wolf pack on here smell blood and are only ever happy if someone is getting sacked. I hope he fights them off.

Yep we are all utterly gullible:rolleyes: ... it remains to be seen if he puts/ leaves this club in a better place than he found it. But I would rather give the man a reasonable chance than kick him whilst he’s down. The wolf pack on here smell blood and are only ever happy if someone is getting sacked. I hope he fights them off.

I bought into him initially, but on the pitch we have been a cluster of fuck that have gone from bad to insipid.

I don’t care about the off the pitch stuff, in 45 years the club has never given me a penny, so why should I care who owns what? Roll your eyes as much as you like mate but don’t patronise me like I’m some 4 year old that’s never seen a football game.

No real fan can take enjoyment in him struggling. Hes made a number of mistakes, but until such a time when i see proof that his intentions were anything other than honourable, i wont be throwing any abuse his way. I think hes been naive in the extreme and is clearly too small time to be in charge of a club of this size. Hopefully the Americans take charge, they appoint experienced people to run it, and we can all move on.

Seems like the yanks have him over a barrel- those negotiations went well then...

He'd get a lot less stick if he and Charlie told the same truth.
Let’s be honest, he wouldn’t be getting any of this shit if the club we’re 10 points clear at the top. I don’t think he’s a chancer at all, I do think he is (or letting) non football people make football decisions which is costing the club dear.

That’s all right , Iam sure he doesnt lose sleep over a bloke called Fred the Fan who hides behind an avatar, a fan who I can pretty much guarantee if he met in public would be very charming and not tell him he doesn’t trust him.

I know which of the two I would trust
Well, one of us will be proved right won’t we?

Let’s be honest, he wouldn’t be getting any of this shit if the club we’re 10 points clear at the top. I don’t think he’s a chancer at all, I do think he is (or letting) non football people make football decisions which is costing the club dear.
"Non football people" like himself.

Why did he keep on saying the potential investment going forward would benefit "the area" ? the only area i am interested in is on the pitch !
I totally disagree with your point here, mate.

I do want improvement on the pitch without a doubt.
But it would be great if our developing team was playing in an increasingly attractive area too.

Back