In defence of Stewart

jetjockey233

Goalkeeper
I really do struggle with the negativity of some of the posters on here. I have been a Sunderland fan for 65 years and have seen some very depressing times and some real chancers. However in Stewart’s case I genuinely believe he has the best interests of Sunderland football club at heart. He is honest enough to admit that he has made mistakes (haven’t we all) but to persecute him in the way he has been I think reflects badly on us as genuine fans. The club needs unity and should get behind him.... stop the vitriol and let’s really get behind the club.

I really do struggle with the negativity of some of the posters on here. I have been a Sunderland fan for 65 years and have seen some very depressing times and some real chancers. However in Stewart’s case I genuinely believe he has the best interests of Sunderland football club at heart. He is honest enough to admit that he has made mistakes (haven’t we all) but to persecute him in the way he has been I think reflects badly on us as genuine fans. The club needs unity and should get behind him.... stop the vitriol and let’s really get behind the club.

That is all well and good and I am sure the majority want to get behind him, but he is judged by what happens on the pitch. If it was going well he would be praised to high heaven. I believe he is trying to do the right thing, that does not make him qualified to do the right thing though

Our attendances since he took over, home and away, suggest we have very much been behind him. We however have not been repaid in the slightest

I agree that he seems a decent bloke, and you can tell how much he hates the chancer term being thrown about, I don't think he is one. I do worry that he's badly out of his depth like, and if what he said tonight is true (that staying away is nowt to do with the fans, neither was coming off Twitter etc) then he needs to be having a word with Methven because it directly contradicts what he's been telling people. At least he came on and gave his side like, and it does sound like the better he does the more FPP will get involved, so we just need to hope he can somehow make it work. Said it before but if we're going to have a good run it needs to happen soon to take some of the pressure off. Trouble is you just get the feeling there's division amongst the squad, we know the balance isn't right due to the poor recruitment, PP hasn't exactly had a great initial impact. There's a lot to do.

No one is persecuting him. He gets some justified criticism and the soft lads get in a tiz. He's the owner, the buck stops with him and quite frankly what is being "delivered" is unacceptable.

Spot on.

No real fan can take enjoyment in him struggling. Hes made a number of mistakes, but until such a time when i see proof that his intentions were anything other than honourable, i wont be throwing any abuse his way. I think hes been naive in the extreme and is clearly too small time to be in charge of a club of this size. Hopefully the Americans take charge, they appoint experienced people to run it, and we can all move on.

Top post - I just cannot understand some people.

Weren’t you just on Radio Newcastle?

That is all well and good and I am sure the majority want to get behind him, but he is judged by what happens on the pitch. If it was going well he would be praised to high heaven. I believe he is trying to do the right thing, that does not make him qualified to do the right thing though

A quick glance at this board shows he been judged for every utterance made by him and assumption made by fans here for a while now.

Is it about being pro or against him? Or is it about asking why we are shit in a shit league and arguably are being told shit and not to expect non shit prospects.

I hope he succeeds because then we succeed, but I have no personal feelings towards any of the owners, I would just (perhaps naively) assume they are up to the job, as transparent as they were when they enjoyed the mass adulation, and professional enough to receive and reply to questions from their customers.

Probably misplaced I know. Love you "Guys" xxxx

Back