Imran Tahir - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuart MacGill averaged 29 in test cricket, 35 is very respectable for a leg spinner. Vettori averaged 34 and he is a well respected offie who go for less

Kaneria has 948 first class wickets @ 26.06
Swann has 577 wickets @ 31.94

If Kaneria played for England he would have taken 500 test wickets
Stuart MacGill was a very underrated spinner though; he would have taken 500 test wickets had he not been behind Warne for pretty much his entire career.

I would also argue an average of 35 is not good enough for someone who will have spent a lot of his time on pitches which suit wrist spinners. And how would his record be any better if he was English playing on green tops in the middle of April every summer?

Stuart MacGill was a very underrated spinner though; he would have taken 500 test wickets had he not been behind Warne for pretty much his entire career.

I would also argue an average of 35 is not good enough for someone who will have spent a lot of his time on pitches which suit wrist spinners. And how would his record be any better if he was English playing on green tops in the middle of April every summer?

re Macgill - totally agree.

Kaneria has taken stacks of wickets in county cricket and has been the best spinner in county cricket in 4 day cricket for the last 3 years bar nobody

Cant remember which clown posted Tahir clubs yesterday and called him a journeyman but did he have as many clubs as Mushtaq and is Mushy now a journeyman as well :roll::oops::lol:

Pakistan, Islamabad Cricket Association, Lahore, Lahore Badshahs, Multan, National Bank of Pakistan, Peshawar Cricket Association, Redco Pakistan Ltd, Rest of Punjab, Somerset, Surrey, Sussex, United Bank Limited

Last edited:
Well for starters leg spinners go for more as a rule because they are prone to bowling more long hops as bowling leggies is such a difficult art in comparison to bowling offies.

Poor comparison with Anderson as its a different era. Swanna vs Kaneria is a good comparison because they have played in the same era and are pretty much the same age

I wonder what Swanna stats would look like if he was in the Pakistan side - dropped after every poor performance then recalled and knowing you have a clown behind the stumps who gets 50k for every dropped catch

They do go for more (Warne apart) but as I've proved earlier in this thread Kaneria has a poor record against the better teams, something you attempted to destroy Anderson for in months gone by.

He has played 70 tests and is only 30, so he's had a more than decent run in the side and only up until recently with the emergence of Ajmal, was their regular first choice spinner, not someone who was in and out for a test here and there like you claim.

They do go for more (Warne apart) but as I've proved earlier in this thread Kaneria has a poor record against the better teams, something you attempted to destroy Anderson for in months gone by.

He has played 70 tests and is only 30, so he's had a more than decent run in the side and only up until recently with the emergence of Ajmal, was their regular first choice spinner, not someone who was in and out for a test here and there like you claim.

The vast majority if not all Pakistan players get yanked in and out of the side, its just the way they operate.

Anderson has improved against Australia on the basis the Aussies are now crap.

The vast majority if not all Pakistan players get yanked in and out of the side, its just the way they operate.

Anderson has improved against Australia on the basis the Aussies are now crap.

But Kaneria has had a more than decent run in their side, for at least 3 years he was their first choice spinner, and too often he wasn't up to the task.

If Anderson has improved because the Aussies are so crap, why did Kaneria average almost 50 against them in their last series?

(In fighting, match fixing, dodgy keeper etc etc..)

re Macgill - totally agree.

Kaneria has taken stacks of wickets in county cricket and has been the best spinner in county cricket in 4 day cricket for the last 3 years bar nobody

Cant remember which clown posted Tahir clubs yesterday and called him a journeyman but did he have as many clubs as Mushtaq and is Mushy now a journeyman as well :roll::oops::lol:

Pakistan, Islamabad Cricket Association, Lahore, Lahore Badshahs, Multan, National Bank of Pakistan, Peshawar Cricket Association, Redco Pakistan Ltd, Rest of Punjab, Somerset, Surrey, Sussex, United Bank Limited

Me, and that makes it 50% more clubs in a shorter career. Carry on....

Me, and that makes it 50% more clubs in a shorter career. Carry on....

so by virtue of the fact Tahir has forged a career in South Africa due to marrying a Saffer as well as playing in England and Pakistan as Mushy did, is the only reason he has South African clubs on his career profile.

Next....

Oh and can you define how many clubs defines a career journeyman

so by virtue of the fact Tahir has forged a career in South Africa due to marrying a Saffer as well as playing in England and Pakistan as Mushy did, is the only reason he has South African clubs on his career profile.

Next....

Oh and can you define how many clubs defines a career journeyman

Dunno mate, just quoting cricinfo to back up my opinion (which I gleaned from watching him, whatever did happen to that apology? ;)) and counter yours. 20 clubs in 12 years, loads more than Mushy, so that's another one of yours smacked over the rope.

And nope.

Dunno mate, just quoting cricinfo to back up my opinion (which I gleaned from watching him, whatever did happen to that apology? ;)) and counter yours. 20 clubs in 12 years, loads more than Mushy, so that's another one of yours smacked over the rope.

And nope.

opting to play for clubs because he wasnt playing international cricket doesnt classify him as a journeyman

playing for 3 english counties means he must have been pretty damn good. crap overseas get one county, two if there very lucky

Whats your knowledge on Pakistan state cricket like so you can offer a worthwhile opinion on why the vast majority of Pakistan born cricketer have so many Pakistani clubs to their name

opting to play for clubs because he wasnt playing international cricket doesnt classify him as a journeyman

playing for 3 english counties means he must have been pretty damn good. crap overseas get one county, two if there very lucky

Whats your knowledge on Pakistan state cricket like so you can offer a worthwhile opinion on why the vast majority of Pakistan born cricketer have so many Pakistani clubs to their name

About the same as yours I would imagine, very limited. As I said before, direct your anger to cricinfo, it's clear you know better than them..

Three counties, you're right that is a sure sign of being an all-time great. Those clubbies such as Brian Lara are real lucky just to get one! Phew!

I don't get this. There's been plenty of excellent overseas pros who have had only one or two counties. Benkenstein has been a revelation since he joined Durham; and similarly David Hussey has been superb for Notts and I'm sure there's plenty of other good examples of this.

By your reckoning the likes of Pedro Collins are pretty damn good. :confused:

I don't get this. There's been plenty of excellent overseas pros who have had only one or two counties. Benkenstein has been a revelation since he joined Durham; and similarly David Hussey has been superb for Notts and I'm sure there's plenty of other good examples of this.

By your reckoning the likes of Pedro Collins are pretty damn good. :confused:

clearly there are the odd exception to this rule

go and check tahirs stats in county cricket then check collins then you have answered your own question

clearly there are the odd exception to this rule

go and check tahirs stats in county cricket then check collins then you have answered your own question

It's only a rule in your mind fella.

Tahir fractures his left thumb, the curse of Essex Boy strikes! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back