Imran Tahir - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get it

Kumble didnt give it a massive rip, he just bowled em bloomin quick

Of all the players in all the world (of all the spinners who don't rip it in all the world), you chose to compare this 32 year old journeyman to the 3rd highest wicket taker in Test history, the absolute one-off that is Anil Kumble.

Why not just say Shane Warne, why stop at Kumble? :lol:

Of all the players in all the world (of all the spinners who don't rip it in all the world), you chose to compare this 32 year old journeyman to the 3rd highest wicket taker in Test history, the absolute one-off that is Anil Kumble.

Why not just say Shane Warne, why stop at Kumble? :lol:

If Tahir had been English he would have 600 test wickets anarl

13 wickets in the world cup already and counting...

He isnt a journeyman. He has played for various counties as have the likes of Di Venuto and Katich as an overseas player.

He isnt a journeyman. He has played for various counties as have the likes of Di Venuto and Katich as an overseas player.

Full 'un :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Haway EB some ridiculous comments here :lol:

Tahir looks a decent spinner so far, but he took 4 against Holland and 4 against the Windies who probably play spin worse than any other test playing nation :lol:

Tahir looks a decent spinner so far, but he took 4 against Holland and 4 against the Windies who probably play spin worse than any other test playing nation :lol:

And 3 against England who are also notoriously bad at playing spin. And on spinning pitches too.

Yet when Jimmy knocks over The Windies in favourable conditions for him he's not good enough.

English like Kumble? Or English like Swann?

11 wickets.

From Cricinfo....

Profile: Imran Tahir is the epitome of a journeyman cricketer. In fact, he has barely stopped moving.

Major teams: South Africa, Dolphins, Easterns, Hampshire, Lahore Blues, Lahore City, Lahore Lions, Lahore Ravi, Lahore Whites, Middlesex, Pakistan A, Pakistan International Airlines, Redco Pakistan Ltd, Sialkot, Staffordshire, Sui Gas Corporation of Pakistan, Titans, Warwickshire, Water and Power Development Authority, Yorkshire

plus 4 against England ;)

English like Kumble? Or English like Swann?

11 wickets.

From Cricinfo....

Profile: Imran Tahir is the epitome of a journeyman cricketer. In fact, he has barely stopped moving.

Major teams: South Africa, Dolphins, Easterns, Hampshire, Lahore Blues, Lahore City, Lahore Lions, Lahore Ravi, Lahore Whites, Middlesex, Pakistan A, Pakistan International Airlines, Redco Pakistan Ltd, Sialkot, Staffordshire, Sui Gas Corporation of Pakistan, Titans, Warwickshire, Water and Power Development Authority, Yorkshire

earning as much as he can, he had about 10 sides in Pakistan FFS

He also plays domestic cricket all year round

earning as much as he can, he had about 10 sides in Pakistan FFS

He also plays domestic cricket all year round

Don't FFS me, turn your ire to the cricket journalists who disagree with you. And then me.

I'm trying to think of any other 32 year old debutants (which he will be by the time he plays a Test) that can be compared to all-time legends.

Shaun Udal, the new Murali?

Don't FFS me, turn your ire to the cricket journalists who disagree with you. And then me.

I'm trying to think of any other 32 year old debutants (which he will be by the time he plays a Test) that can be compared to all-time legends.

Shaun Udal, the new Murali?

I never compared I said he would have been as good if he had been of a different nationality.

Is it his fault he is of Pakistan origin and we all know the professional outfit they are.....even Mushtaq couldnt get a game for them for years.

So another example of someone taking soundbites from the press to form an opinion......EB lives for the day when you can form your own opinion

They have produced more leg spinners than any other country by miles

Last edited:
I never compared I said he would have been as good if he had been of a different nationality.

Is it his fault he is of Pakistan origin and we all know the professional outfit they are.....even Mushtaq couldnt get a game for them for years.

So another example of someone taking soundbites from the press to form an opinion......EB lives for the day when you can form your own opinion

They have produced more leg spinners than any other country by miles

Not at all. As I said on the original thread, I saw him bowl at OT and didn't think he was owt special, just as I said that great players don't get left on the shelf until they're into their 30's.

Had you see him bowl before this tournament?

So you didn't compare him to Kumble, except when you did. :-D

Not at all. As I said on the original thread, I saw him bowl at OT and didn't think he was owt special, just as I said that great players don't get left on the shelf until they're into their 30's.

Had you see him bowl before this tournament?

So you didn't compare him to Kumble, except when you did. :-D

many times which is why I told you b4 the tourny started, not do the usual SMB cricket trick of telling people how good someone is after he has performed on the world stage or waiting until someone has a mare than telling the world he is the worlds worse

Rentaghost - Prior

many times which is why I told you b4 the tourny started, not do the usual SMB cricket trick of telling people how good someone is after he has performed on the world stage or waiting until someone has a mare than telling the world he is the worlds worse

Rentaghost - Prior

I accept your apology. ;)

I can't see what you see in him, he's much more of a Mustaq type (than a Kumble) but doesn't turn it half as much, and I don't think he has the control to be top class. I've seen him a few times, in the spinners heaven at OT, I don't see it.

Jimmy Anderson (yippee!), after a great series down under you were straight in when he had a shocker against Holland.

How come Anderson's wickets didn't count against the lower order but Tahir's do?

I already know the answer and it's along the lines of EB being a big purple bit at the end of a todger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back