Imran Tahir - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardly ever seen him play - on one occasion i did he was sensational but I couldnt really judge him on that. Its a canny attack for any half decent spinner to be able to become part of mind.

Trott played for South Africa A anarl I think :lol:

I just don't understand this, I can just about get my head around playing for another country if you qualify, but if you represent one nation you have to stick with it.

Seems ludicrous having freelance international cricketers.

I just don't understand this, I can just about get my head around playing for another country if you qualify, but if you represent one nation you have to stick with it.

Seems ludicrous having freelance international cricketers.

its why I am not really passionate about England winning anymore, its a sham

So Tahir takes wickets on pitches that suit him and this proves essex boy's theory that he is class.

But Anderson takes wickets on pitches that suit him and that proves he's shite. :lol:

But seriously, for what it's worth from what I've seen of him he is a very good bowler (and his career stats seem to back this up) but he's barely had a look-in on the international front; and is still behind Paul Harris in the test arena as well. When he starts taking test wickets on the first day in the middle of April then I'll sit up and take notice. ;)

has far superior bolwing figures to Rashid

Div 1 is a decent standard, div 2 is clubbies
Who is still a kid learning his trade at this level. Tahir is nearly 32 and has over 100 first class games to his name.

English players (especially those at county level) are notoriously bad at playing wrist/mystery spinners. If he has 100 test wickets in a couple of years time then I'll be impressed; until then he's done absolutely nothing in the game as of yet.

afternoon Steak, nice to see some commone sense back on these boards........on second thoughts :lol:

Tahir must be close

I didn't see him against England or Holland, but he bowled well against the Windies. Kept it tight, forced some false shots, didn't spin it massively and doesn't have a good wrong 'un, but decent enough.

I stick by what I said on the other thread, will play a handful of games, will take the odd wicket but will never be top class.

I didn't see him against England or Holland, but he bowled well against the Windies. Kept it tight, forced some false shots, didn't spin it massively and doesn't have a good wrong 'un, but decent enough.

I stick by what I said on the other thread, will play a handful of games, will take the odd wicket but will never be top class.

Kumble took 600 test wickets and didnt have any mass variations, just bowled his leggies quick and flat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back