If Redbull bought us tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red bull AFC the famous team of the north that plays in blue and white at the red bull arena. Haway uncle Ellis make it happen

Like man city or Chelsea then?

The hate seems a little more pronounced, if anything. Man City and Chelsea at least had some history behind them when they were bought. On contrast, RB Leipzig were only founded in 2009 by Red Bull buying the playing rights of a German fifth division team, with the aim of reaching the Bundesliga in 8 years.. It's easy to see why that would get resented. It's almost like Red Bull pouring their money into Gateshead with the same idea.

They can rename the stadium, I don't think anyone would mind that much.

However, I wouldn't want any rebranding of the club itself or name.

Reactions: GK
The hate seems a little more pronounced, if anything. Man City and Chelsea at least had some history behind them when they were bought. On contrast, RB Leipzig were only founded in 2009 by Red Bull buying the playing rights of a German fifth division team, with the aim of reaching the Bundesliga in 8 years.. It's easy to see why that would get resented. It's almost like Red Bull pouring their money into Gateshead with the same idea.
Can't see why we would be "hated". We've been around long enough and have a half decent history and tradition in tue game i would say. Pie in the sky stuff this anyway, but wouldn't mind it. Red bull stadium of light, then aye, but wouldn't want red bull sunderland afc.

Can't see why we would be "hated". We've been around long enough and have a half decent history and tradition in tue game i would say. Pie in the sky stuff this anyway, but wouldn't mind it. Red bull stadium of light, then aye, but wouldn't want red bull sunderland afc.

It would be the red bull arena they'd change the team name colours badge and sponsor. They did it to a team in New York, Germany and Salzburg.

They tend to go for unknown clubs over well supported has been clubs to be honest. Also take over clubs in a huge catchment area that has been untouched. Wakefield or something would be perfect for them.

OK, the dislike would be at Chelsea levels, not Leipzig levels ;)

I'd imagine it'd be lock stock. RB Sunderland, RED BULL Arena and red and white bulls strip, blue and yellow away.

Stadium naming rights have been around for years, but I don't think anyone has yet had a sponsored team name. It would undoubtedly need FA approval, and it's totally uncharted water.

Stadium naming rights have been around for years, but I don't think anyone has yet had a sponsored team name. It would undoubtedly need FA approval, and it's totally uncharted water.
Wouldn't be against the stadium name at all. It'd be an improvement. If there was a name change are the letters RB really that offensive? I'd guess most people's beef would be with the home kit

Wouldn't be against the stadium name at all. It'd be an improvement. If there was a name change are the letters RB really the offensive? I'd guess most people's beef would be with the home kit

It's more a matter of whether the FA would approve of a sponsor's name being a part of the team name. You could open up the appalling vista of Ann Summers West Ham, for example ;)

It's more a matter of whether the FA would approve of a sponsor's name being a part of the team name. You could open up the appalling vista of Ann Summers West Ham, for example ;)
Would make the match day programmes an interesting read for once.

Would RB be put off by being refused the name change if all else was allowed? Seems odd they've yet to try get on board the biggest gravy train of them all.

Would make the match day programmes an interesting read for once.

Would RB be put off by being refused the name change if all else was allowed? Seems odd they've yet to try get on board the biggest gravy train of them all.

Who knows? Any RB involvement is borderline RAOS on the basis of available evidence, or just wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back