If Redbull bought us tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just emailed Red Bull and told them to take over Hereford, they are the Bulls and the big white fucker is up for being sprayed red.

This is more likely.

I'd be amazed if they came near us tbh or any other club with passionate support that would kick up a fuss about too much change.

They've met resistance at every club they've bought out but they're more than happy to ignore it, offering small appeasements to try and keep people onside. If we're really lucky though the goalkeeper might get to wear some red socks.

Take a look into what happened at SV Austria Salzburg:

"Myself and thousands of Salzburg fans were happy when Red Bull arrived; we thought they could bring in some new players and rescue us from a difficult sporting situation," said Walter Windischbauer, chairman of the new Austria Salzburg.

"After a few weeks, we saw they had a different philosophy,"

After fans kicked up a mighty fuss about the colour change from purple and white Red Bull thought changing the away keeper socks to purple would be enough to appease the fans. Red Bull tried deleting every bit of history the club had and even tried to have the club as founded in 2005 but the Austrian Football Federation forced them to backtrack. After fans rejected the change and continued to wear purple and white they weren't allowed to enter the stadium. The club turned into a marketing exercise with laser shows, David Coulthard doing ceremonial kick-offs and had paid 'fan-animators' to instruct fans when to wave handkerchiefs and other bullfighting-esque things. The manager of Red Bull told fans that if they didn't like it start a new club, so they did.

So if I may indulge in this hypothetical and if Red Bull did take over tomorrow Sunderland AFC would cease to exist, it would become a marketing tool for Dietrich Mateschitz. The club would be called RB Sunderland (or similar), the club would play in the red bulls kit, the club would have the red bulls badge, as you say there is no picking and choosing as it's either their way or nothing, they'd skirt around what the football authorities say until they were happy. As far as Red Bull would be concerned the club started in 2017. It would be a different club that happened to play in Sunderland, they would be about as Sunderland AFC as Sunderland RCA are. We would be the hatred of football, like Leipzig, Salzburg and New York and even better when they get bored of it the Sunderland Red Bulls would just stop existing much like Red Bull Ghana did. Get some nice training facilities out of it for however long it would last.

April 2035 - AFC Sunderland v Red Bull Sunderland in League One.

Looking foward to it already; families torn apart, huge police presence at Filtrona, our shared ground with Premiership South Shields.

If Redbull bought out Ellis Short tomorrow and wanted to rename us Redbull Sunderland would you have any issues with the re-branding?

I'm sick of us being shite! If anyone wants to come in and chance things a bit to make us successful then I'd be fine with that

a club with our fanbase and facilities should be cemented as a top 10 premier league side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back