If Redbull bought us tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wouldn't mind the stadium name being changed and let's be fair the badge has already been changed once , name change I wouldn't be to sure , don't think I'd be to bothered now if you look at the way football is going we desperately need investment, we may have to sell our footballing souls :lol:
We have had quite a few different badges. Footballs, stripes, bridges, cats, ships, colliery wheels .... time for cars and glasses.

This won't happen though as the influential Durham miners' association will block it.

We have had quite a few different badges. Footballs, stripes, bridges, cats, ships, colliery wheels .... time for cars and glasses.

This won't happen though as the influential Durham miners' association will block it.
This , people can try and act high and mighty and like they are retaining 'dignity ' but sport is results based , and as is fact we have changed strips , badges etc before .

I'd take re-branding of the stadium but not being renamed Redbull Sunderland.

Overall though, it would be tacky and we'd be hated by all of English football.

It's probably a bad idea really.

Our history is our history. No matter who took over that wouldn't change. Some things would be non negotiable- Sunderland in the name (but if it was Sunderland RBFC instead of AFC I can't say I'd be too unhappy) and red and white stripes. The club is its support, the rest changes every season anyway.

I'd rather be owned by a despot than a company which makes a soft drink.

Crack on Red Bull, make us happy (a Cup final every ten years or so will do, maybe win one).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back