If Redbull bought us tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they kept the history and just renamed the club RB Sunderland I'd be ok with it. But if they completely rebranded the club and more or less said this is a new club called RB Sunderland (kind of what the MK Dons did) I wouldn't be happy.

I think with the global of the Premier League, even the Championship, would mean Red Bull wouldn't have to do that. They'd just have to change the name of the stadium to the Red Bull Arena, rename the academy the Red Bull Academy and sponsor the kits. Plus the publicity alone would be a advertisement dream.

Stadium sponsorship? Absolutely fine. Kit change? Within reason (i.e. keep the stripes). Sunderland Red Bull? Not for me at all.

The red bull model is a good one though. Buy young players to develop before they go to the big boys. It's basically a supercharged version of what Bain is proposing for us now. The dynamics of that model would play out differently in England though. I still wonder what will happen with RB Leipzig when Bayern decide that they want some of their players. Multiply that dynamic somewhat and you've got what would likely happen at RB Sunderland. It wouldn't be a Chelsea/City style spend to the top approach.

I'd take re-branding of the stadium but not being renamed Redbull Sunderland.

Overall though, it would be tacky and we'd be hated by all of English football.

It's probably a bad idea really.

We'd only be hated if we were winning....if we're winning I'm sure we'd be able to handle being hated. In fact I think I'd f***ing love it!

Logon or register to see this image

Changed badge, changed kit, changed name, changed stadium name, changed nickname and an even more divided fan base. If that's the price to pay to perhaps finish 6th then it's a no from me.

Imagine if we end up like RB Salzburg are, fans banned for wearing their old colours.

If they kept the history and just renamed the club RB Sunderland I'd be ok with it. But if they completely rebranded the club and more or less said this is a new club called RB Sunderland (kind of what the MK Dons did) I wouldn't be happy.

I think with the global of the Premier League, even the Championship, would mean Red Bull wouldn't have to do that. They'd just have to change the name of the stadium to the Red Bull Arena, rename the academy the Red Bull Academy and sponsor the kits. Plus the publicity alone would be a advertisement dream.

So cake and eat too??

Not likely.

We'd be another card in their global brand hand.
  • Sunderland Red Bulls (no longer black cats)
  • Red Bull crest
  • Red, White and Yellow strip and red and white main stripes gone
RB Leipzig Strip:

Red Bull New York Strip

They would make some mods for sure to make it more "Sunderland" but don't kid yoursel, it would be tweaks around the margins...

Red BullShit when we slide into league two with our horrific blue and red kit, Bob Stokoe gets turned into a giant soft drink can and David Moyes goes all General Kurtz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back