I wanted him gone before he started, but after Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

The fact that even the most positive posts about him are totally reliant on having to whitewash the bad stuff, and in turn extrapolate a handpicked selection of games to be buzzing about finishing in the playoffs (when he didn't even manage that) when the target was top of the league and 100 points speaks volumes about his tenure here tbh. If we don't count all the dross served up he was amazing.

Id still give him until end of October though. Absolutely pointless giving him the bullet now after giving him the window.

No one's whitewashing anything. It's just understood that every manager needs time to adapt, make errors and learn what he's working with.

No one's whitewashing anything. It's just understood that every manager needs time to adapt, make errors and learn what he's working with.

What the post lacks in 'balance' is how form dropped off when sides learned how to play against us, other sides best spells of the season extrapolated across the whole season (and ignoring their bad runs), the target of promotion and the fact we didn't even manage to finish in the playoffs after sacking a manager who over his time here had us in a cup final, a playoff final and a playoff position at the time he was sacked (because that position was unacceptable).

Fuck, even if you deliberately choose only an extrapolated run of games that suits the argument for Parkinson (84 fictional points) it's still less than Ross finished with (actual points even including his poor runs) who turned up with barely any players, had TC signing them for him, had his top scorer sold from under him and had CM giving players pep talks ffs. Same Ross who got sacked for having us 6th after a catastrophic summer that was demolished by owners trying to sell the club.

And that isn't even a defence of Ross because I still think he underperformed.

Wasn't that bad ffs. Hit the bar twice, dominated, their keeper made good save. You seem to feel entitled, but you are not. When did our fans become such wet fannies. Give it a couple of games at least. If still struggling I will join you but changing managers is not a guarantee of success.
entitled? 🤦🏼‍♂️

The fact that even the most positive posts about him are totally reliant on having to whitewash the bad stuff, and in turn extrapolate a handpicked selection of games to be buzzing about finishing in the playoffs (when he didn't even manage that) when the target was top of the league and 100 points speaks volumes about his tenure here tbh. If we don't count all the dross served up he was amazing.

Id still give him until end of October though. Absolutely pointless giving him the bullet now after giving him the window.

I'm anything but a fan of his mate, he was absolutely the wrong choice. I'm not buzzing about his performance either, I just think it's absurd to ditch him 2 weeks in. We'd look ridiculous. The 100 point target wasn't realistic and it was Jack Ross' target. Splitting out the results is something I showed because the start and 15 games onwards is a drastic change. Our results massively improved so it seems daft to judge him on the early games. Personally, I won't be judging him on last season at all. The first 10 games of this season is what I'll be looking at.

That's the majority of fans criticism of Parkinson though, he doesn't seem to have the ability or will to learn and adapt. The fact he identified that we needed creativity and pace (something we all knew anyway) might have given us some optimism, but 5 or 6 signings later and he hasn't addressed any of that. The three players during pre season who actually showed a bit of pace and creativity didn't make the team or even the match day squad.

Wasn't that bad ffs. Hit the bar twice, dominated, their keeper made good save. You seem to feel entitled, but you are not. When did our fans become such wet fannies. Give it a couple of games at least. If still struggling I will join you but changing managers is not a guarantee of success.

We didn't dominate though.

They took the lead, sat back and let us have the ball and attack them like we've seen so many times in this league. We were 1-0 down until the 82nd minute. That's not dominating a game.

Get back to work tom
If it is him, I’d rather he fucked off, otherwise he will be another in a long line of utter footballing failures that this club has appointed. They will accept any old shit for a wage or other remuneration. I'd rather someone challenging wrong decisions, not asking Stewie if he wants more sparkling water. The Piss Party Chairman elect

I'm anything but a fan of his mate, he was absolutely the wrong choice. I'm not buzzing about his performance either, I just think it's absurd to ditch him 2 weeks in. We'd look ridiculous. The 100 point target wasn't realistic and it was Jack Ross' target. Splitting out the results is something I showed because the start and 15 games onwards is a drastic change. Our results massively improved so it seems daft to judge him on the early games. Personally, I won't be judging him on last season at all. The first 10 games of this season is what I'll be looking at.

I wouldn't sack him now either because it's stupid to give a manager a summer and sack him after a game but this 'don't judge him on early games' etc doesn't wash.

To give a comparison (Using the same selection of games/time periods that you have:

Ross First 26 games:

14 wins
10 draws
2 losses

53.8% win ratio
2 ppw = 92 points over a season

Parkinson First 26 games:

11 wins
8 draws
7 losses

42.3% win ratio
1.57 ppw = 72 points

Ross first couple of months at the club:

5 wins
4 draws
1 loss

50% win
1.9 ppg = 87 Points

Parkinson first couple of months:

10 games
3 wins
3 draws
4 defeats

30% win ratio
1.2 PPG = 55pts per season

Ross next 16 games from those first couple of months:

9 wins
6 draws
1 loss

56% win
2.06% win = 95 Points

Parkinson 16 games from those first couple of months:

16 games
8 wins
5 draws
3 defeats

50% win ratio
1.81 PPG = 84 points

Phil Parkinson's best run of results has in the same time periods has only managed to equal Ross' worst and that is after this 'massive improvement'.

Phil Parkinson's best run of form had more than half the losses Ross had in a whole season. Parkinson lost the same amount of games in his first 26 games as Ross lost in his entire time here.

When Parkinson has hitting 30% win ratio Ross was already hitting the 2ppg target you hope Parkinson will achieve'.

One manager was sacked for his performance because it wasn't good enough.

The side Parkinson took over, that was in such a sorry state that he can't be judged on it, had just knocked 2 premier league clubs out of the cup and was in a playoff position before Parkinson had us knocked out by a league 1 side and sent us down to 14th.

PPG means fuck all when only using a hand selected number of games.

Now Parkinson may well go on to improve on last year. The set up around the club seems to be better. Methven isn't here getting involved in f***ing team talks and stuff. The manager now seems to be signing players he wants instead of having them forced on him and I don'y think he's had any of his best players sold from under him so I'd be hopeful that isn't going to happen again. As it stands he has a long way to go just to equal a manager who was sacked for underperforming, let alone go on to be more successful.

Again, I'm not defending Ross. I'm pointing out a failure (who was sacked) record in comparison to Parkinson's. He's been largely a shambles so far.

Last edited:
entitled? 🤦🏼‍♂️
Yup. Not guaranteed to win every game because we are the mighty Sunderland.
We didn't dominate though.

They took the lead, sat back and let us have the ball and attack them like we've seen so many times in this league. We were 1-0 down until the 82nd minute. That's not dominating a game.
72% possession. They were knackered and used every trick in the book to hang on.

Last edited:
Yup. Not guaranteed to win every game because we are the mighty Sunderland.

72% possession. They were knackered and used every trick in the book to hang on.

That's NOT what I think at all... Never have never will!

I care about the club that I have supported all of my life.

Sorry for caring about it's future under such a hapless manager.

It doesn't matter what level we are playing at, all I want is what's best for the club and I can 99.9% guarantee this clown isn't it (whether we are in L2, L1, Championship or PL).

how many more games are you willing to suffer with this idiot in charge?

I thought this was going to be,........... but now I want him gone before even then

Probably all of them, its our curse, its what we do, we have to accept this bloke and the utter cocks that employed him, until somebody takes over with a scorched earth policy
The results will do for him. I was told a few snippets last night about some of the people who have left recently. He And Donald cannot last much longer.

Please let this be true

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back