Huawei mobile phones

What’s the difference between a P20 Pro and p20 mate pro ?
Both £36 a month (24 months) at cpwh but the mate is £9 to buy and the P20 Pro free

What do you mean?
Huawei have their own version of Fast Charging, as do Qualcomm and Oneplus/Oppo - but it'll charge just fine at the normal 2.1amp that all modern chargers push out - plus, it'll charge full speed on the included charger (assuming it came with one, as my Honor 9 did).

I mean if I try to plug in my charger that I used on my last phone, which was a Sony, it won't fit into my new phone.

Its bigger, faster and has a better camera mainly. I have the p20 pro and 6 months later they bring the mate out, wankers
Ok, cheers
I’ll pay the little extra for it then.
Really looking forward to getting rid of my iPhone. I’ve started to hate it over the last few months

Do you mean that the Sony was Micro USB, and the Huawei is USB C?

Logon or register to see this image

Pretty much everything is now.

I don't mean to be rude, but what's so hard to understand? My last phone had the charger on the left (which seemed to be the charger that everyone had), my new phone has the charger on the right, which I've never seen before.

An i missing something here, or what?

I don't mean to be rude, but what's so hard to understand? My last phone had the charger on the left (which seemed to be the charger that everyone had), my new phone has the charger on the right, which I've never seen before.

An i missing something here, or what?
Yes mate, it's simply that usb c is the new standard, and micro USB is disappearing. There's an inevitable cutover.

I had the same issue a couple of years back with the oneplus 3. Had to buy a few new cables (anker are good) .

Yes mate, it's simply that usb c is the new standard, and micro USB is disappearing. There's an inevitable cutover.

I had the same issue a couple of years back with the oneplus 3. Had to buy a few new cables (anker are good) .

Oh, fair enough then. It's my first time seeing this type of charger so I was wondering what you were on about. Like I said, the battery is great on this phone anyway, so it's not an issue.

Is it still worth buying today, a year down the line?

It was launched in February. Depends what you're after I suppose. If it's the latest phone with all bells and whistles probably not. If it's for a bairn who's smashed / lost their contract phone it's a cracking deal.

Even if it's just someone on a sim only deal, great phone, excellent camera etc.

Decent enough spec for the price, but you can get better.

For 120 quid? What / where?

Never heard of the brand and it is 9 quid more.
:lol:

It was launched in February. Depends what you're after I suppose. If it's the latest phone with all bells and whistles probably not. If it's for a bairn who's smashed / lost their contract phone it's a cracking deal.

Even if it's just someone on a sim only deal, great phone, excellent camera etc.
I've got the Honor 9. My mam has my old Oneplus one, and I was thinking of getting her a new phone for Xmas. She doesn't need owt fancy tbh.

Back