How would you deal with someone you don't like....

I was once in town with my friend when a woman we had both worked with who was an absolute bitch (once claiming that something she'd arsed up was my fault) came over and started chatting. My friend was really chatty with her. I stood there arms crossed and sour faced.

And that should have been that, only a sodding pigeon decided to fly overhead at that point and shit all down my shoulder. A bit unfair. 😀

I'll be properly up for it tomorra, after a pre match pint of 5%abv raspberry porter and a bag of salt & vinegar crisps, and will be looking to give a hiding to any Wimbledon fans I happen to come across on the way to the match.
If I have time, I can also dish out a beating by proxy for you, if you want me to. 👍

Btw, it would be a big help, if your nemesis, is A, over the age of 80, and B, is blind and bedridden.
😉

Glad to hear it, lovely.
We could all do with a good laugh at times. 👍😊 x
Loads of them on the Grand Central this afternoon drinking cans of Carling when Stella is 5p more the fannies!

Are you an American?

Nope. Did I phrase something like a yank?

Hope I didn't come off like a "I don't let no one fuck with me" type. I don't particularly like confrontation, but half the time if you voice your disapproval calmly, that does the trick. Half the time people don't realise they're doing owt wrong and will apologise.

I think you've got to be civil at the first attempt.
So just say, "If you ever see me again you better cross the street or turn around". Add a sinister threat for effect. Using words they used against you if you can. Then walk away.
If necessary a quiet monotone straight in the lug, your kids won't hear but can still be quite effective.

Or get somebody off here to knack them.

Got to be one word answers for me. If theyve been a twat before and no need for us to get along (such as for other mates or social situations) they're getting nowt from me but the most basic of answers. I dont forgive easily easier and i hold grudges. Bit of a grumpy kernt tbh :lol:

Sod them then.

I worked with a lad who tried to shaft one of my mates to gain favour with the gaffer who he was trying to shag. Couple of days later I was partnered up with him. Told him he was a prick and explained why.

Managed a 12 hour shift only answering questions if they were work related. I just didn’t speak the rest of the time. Creates a very awkward situation for the other person, especially if they are quite chatty.

This lunatic sent me a friend request on Facebook after the shift 😂

Anyway, his wife found out about him being a creep and left him then he died a couple of years later.
What a heartwarming story :lol:

..... coming over to talk to you in a public place?

Especially if the last time you saw them they were a twat to you.

1. Would you be straight and tell them to F off?

2. Would you be polite and friendly as if nothing had happened?

Or 3. Would you give off bad vibes, one word answers etc, and hope they soon leave?
In the past when i was a bit younger, it would have been nearer to number one. But i'd just ignore them and have done to a few, even when they have spoken directly to me.
Definitely not number two. I could just about manage polite, but not friendly.
But i am changing as i get older and realise through the influence of others that its just plain rude to ignore people, and so i'm busy fileing the sharpe edges off and being a tad mellower.
I have had it done to me though and it was quite awkward and embarrassing. Bloke told me i'd blanked him and suggested i sample the same from him, though i recall no such incident, which, if i had, i'd not have spoke to him.

I read this thread with slight interest and mild amusement … then recalled an incident when this happened to me. Years ago. The bloke in question had fucked me up good and proper. With legal financial ramifications that lasted years. It was petty, unnecessary, selfish, disloyal and nasty. No more detail.

He approached me and a couple of friends (they knew about the prior situation) in a pub and attempted to engage.

I’m a mild mannered person, not comfortable with confrontation. But I stayed silent, stared at him, straight in the eyes, ignored anything he said, continued to just look him in the face. It got rather awkward. I wasn’t abusive or aggressive - except, of course, in a passive fashion. He became obviously uncomfortable. As did my friends. He said something like “…come on George (but obviously using my real name)…” then gave up and wandered off.

I didn’t feel good. I was congratulated on my restraint, as I recall. But it felt wrong. Even now though, I still don’t know what else I could have done that would have felt any better.

Got to be one word answers for me. If theyve been a twat before and no need for us to get along (such as for other mates or social situations) they're getting nowt from me but the most basic of answers. I dont forgive easily easier and i hold grudges. Bit of a grumpy kernt tbh :lol:
😂 I'm quite a forgiving person I must admit, but not with this one. I've got a twats list on Facebook (basically those I've blocked). 5 people on there and he's one of them. There's also no need for us to see him in general, so that's fine, but we might bump into him at the match which could be awkward.
Polite because they don’t know what you are thinking and clearly they may be making a go at settling the issue.

Trust me life is too short.
Lead by example and represent class.
I think we're going to go with this. Thanks @Swindon On Tour 👍😊

Last edited:
😂 I'm quite a forgiving person I must admit, but not with this one. I've got a twats list on Facebook (basically those I've blocked). 5 people on there and he's one of them. There's also no need for us to see him in general, so that's fine, but we might bump into him at the match which could be awkward.

I think we're going to go with this. Thanks @Swindon On Tour 👍😊

class decision ;)
Just think you are better than that.

Back