How would you deal with someone you don't like....

Depends on what 'being a twat' entailed and how well you knew them.

If it was just petty drunken craic and I knew them quite well I'd prob just laugh it off and make a joke off it.

If it's the same and I don't know them that well I'd prob just be polite and forget about it.

If they'd been a proper arsehole then I'd just tell them why I was pissed off straight away and then see how it pans out. Could get an apology, might have a fight lol

I have little tolerance for folk like this these days, would give the opportunity for them to apologise but if that wasn't the reason for their approach I'd tell them where to go.

if someone does something to you once it's their fault, let them do it to you twice it's your fault.

I'll be properly up for it tomorra, after a pre match pint of 5%abv raspberry porter and a bag of salt & vinegar crisps, and will be looking to give a hiding to any Wimbledon fans I happen to come across on the way to the match.
If I have time, I can also dish out a beating by proxy for you, if you want me to. 👍

Btw, it would be a big help, if your nemesis, is A, over the age of 80, and B, is blind and bedridden.
😉
Champion! If we spot him, I'll give you a shout! 😂 Unfortunately he is neither A or B, but he is small and slimy. 🐍

Probably an 8 thinking about it....
Might be an 8 in your book but a ‘joke’ in theirs

I’m not a confrontational person, but in the right circumstances I’d tell em what I thought

I bumped into someone who sacked me years ago (I actually got sacked cos of their fuck up). I benefitted from said sacking in the long run, and they soon got booted not long after

They were nice as pie to me many years later, so with all things considered I was polite back

On the other hand I fell out with family over time (not one big argument) so told them exactly why and what I thought of them when they asked what was wrong

..... coming over to talk to you in a public place?

Especially if the last time you saw them they were a twat to you.

1. Would you be straight and tell them to F off?

2. Would you be polite and friendly as if nothing had happened?

Or 3. Would you give off bad vibes, one word answers etc, and hope they soon leave?
I'd be cordial but if I'd had a few drinks I'd probably ask them what was up the last time I'd seen them and that I didn't appreciate being treated poorly by them.
If they have anything about them they'd hopefully feel crap and apologise then explain why they acted like a dick.
If they're a dick (and an embarrassed one at that) they'd probably try acting like nowt had happened and hope that you'd forgotten about it (I don't forget ;) :lol:).

Depends on the severity of what 'being a twat' means to you.

If someone does me wrong, I immediately bring it up at the next opportunity, otherwise people take you for a bitch they can do that to on the regular. Taught me a while to learn how to be assertive. Saves bottling shit up and breaking your own hand off doors.
Are you an American?

Depends on the person and whether I'd want to renew acquaintance with them.

If I did (want to renew acquaintance) I'd be polite and as soon as they lower their guard ask them directly about previous incident. If I didn't, I would just avoid them or walk off. I'm the sort of person who would do anything for anyone and unfortunately that has attracted a lot of timewasters over the years. One of them kept phoning me by accident so I just said wrong number and blocked him.

Or 3. Would you give off bad vibes, one word answers etc, and hope they soon leave?
Fart on their wife
She left him....still do it? 🤣

Last edited:

Happened to me years ago , just looked past him before turning my back on him.

Not a chance of me wasting any oxygen speaking to him.

Too much water under the bridge.

Back