How would you deal with someone you don't like....

..... coming over to talk to you in a public place?

Especially if the last time you saw them they were a twat to you.

1. Would you be straight and tell them to F off?

2. Would you be polite and friendly as if nothing had happened?

Or 3. Would you give off bad vibes, one word answers etc, and hope they soon leave?

Or 3. Would you give off bad vibes, one word answers etc, and hope they soon leave?
If they apologised then I’d be polite but have a look of repulsion on my face. No apology then I’d be straight and tell them to F off. Life is too short to have negative, aggressive people in it.

I'd be decently civil, but non-committal I think. I'm not comfortable with being rude to people just because I don't particularly like them - there's a good chance that the problem could be mine and not them.

Edit - missed the bit where they'd been a twat last time. I'd kick them in the scones.

Last edited:

All depends on how you know them. If it’s just an acquaintance you’re not bothered about speaking to again, then option 1.

If it’s someone you’re going to end up in social situations with and you can’t be arsed with drama, then 2.

Someone you work with, explain in work you’ll be civil but outside of work they can fuck off.

If it’s a person you were previously close to and still want to remain close then just tell them they’ve been a twat and upset you. Leave it to their reaction to decide how to go after that. Depending on what they do will likely also sway whether or not you do want to stay friends.

Depends on the severity of what 'being a twat' means to you.

If someone does me wrong, I immediately bring it up at the next opportunity, otherwise people take you for a bitch they can do that to on the regular. Taught me a while to learn how to be assertive. Saves bottling shit up and breaking your own hand off doors.

Last edited:
All depends on how you know them. If it’s just an acquaintance you’re not bothered about speaking to again, then option 1.

If it’s someone you’re going to end up in social situations with and you can’t be arsed with drama, then 2.

Someone you work with, explain in work you’ll be civil but outside of work they can fuck off.

If it’s a person you were previously close to and still want to remain close then just tell them they’ve been a twat and upset you. Leave it to their reaction to decide how to go after that. Depending on what they do will likely also sway whether or not you do want to stay friends.
👍 An acquaintance .... and even calling them that is being generous 😂

Back