How old were you when you bought your first pint....

Status
Not open for further replies.

14 Farmer's Rest Newcastle. Asked for two pints of Brown Ale and got the response "are bottles alright", to much amusement of the blokes sat around the bar. Still got served though, they didn't give a fuck

17 in The Wearsider. Was wearing a Sixth Form uniform from Redhouse Comp. It was lunchtime and there were a few of our teachers sitting at a table across the other side of the room. One of the teachers (can't remember who now) came over and quietly said that as long as we didn't act like arseholes he wouldn't shop us to the staff. :lol:
Surprised that your from redhouse comp their mate, Seems you just act like a arsehole on the brexit thread.;);):lol: Sixth form indeed. Figures.

16 years and 10 months, in the Grindon Mill. Was just before Christmas 1983, pint of Autumn Gold. Went on to the town and upstairs in The Beehive and The Borough cos we were feeling a bit cocksure of ourselves. They weren't so strict around ID and that back then, and we were big lads for our age.

Surprised that your from redhouse comp their mate, Seems you just act like a arsehole on the brexit thread.;);):lol: Sixth form indeed. Figures.
They let me into the Sixth Form because of my ability to differentiate between "there" and "their" plus my ability to know not to use a capital letter after a comma and my in-depth knowledge of the use of "an" rather than "a" when preceding a word beginning with a vowel.

I'm surprised you didn't make the cut, like!

They let me into the Sixth Form because of my ability to differentiate between "there" and "their" plus my ability to know not to use a capital letter after a comma and my in-depth knowledge of the use of "an" rather than "a" when preceding a word beginning with a vowel.

Touche

You sure about their? And the iphone puts the capital automatically in after a full stop i think. Crack on gyles brandeth. :lol:

Last edited:
16 in the Traveller’s Rest, Claypath, Durham. I remember that as a great pub, especially the Theakston’s Old Peculier. No nonsense about ID in there, although I had been refused service in the Big Jug on my first attempt a few weeks previously.

Add 2 shots of vodka (smirnoff black 50% was the order of the day at the time) and you have a Power Shandy. Shocking!
Never tried that. Used to do depth charges where you drop in a shot of vodka and down it.

I'd probably die if I drank like that today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back