How old were you when you bought your first pint....

14. Ivy House. Pint of Labatts. Was asked to leave about half way down it but only after supping up :D
They had bouncers on the door at the time (this was 1991) and when asked for ID I showed them my sisters Ku Club and Blue Monkey cards. Thick fuckers accepted it and in we went.

Cheers. I was just curious as I'm a Shields lad myself!
Me Dar ran it for 10 years for a couple that used to own The Sun Inn in Southwick, I'd come up every school holiday and play pool in there while he worked. Class pub, great memories of the place especially xmas and New Years. The jukebox in there taught me what real music was. ;)

If you ever got in The Ferry or hung about pubs in Shields then you probably knew me dar.

15 in Chase (now Port of Call) with all the work mates when i was an apprentice at specsavers, couple of the lads decided to take me out for my first night out so they could keep an eye on me.......then let me have a fight on the dancefloor while they sipped their pints and watched on

still drink with them now 12 years on

Me Dar ran it for 10 years for a couple that used to own The Sun Inn in Southwick, I'd come up every school holiday and play pool in there while he worked. Class pub, great memories of the place especially xmas and New Years. The jukebox in there taught me what real music was. ;)

If you ever got in The Ferry or hung about pubs in Shields then you probably knew me dar.
I got in The Ferry a couple of times as a young 'un. Bit of an eye opener ;)

14 in the Blandford. Pub instantly raided and up to court for under age drinking. Conditional discharge. f***ing great!!!
:)

16, I can remember being in the pub that used to be in the side of where the Point is now (Liberties?) and the pub that's now Sinatra's (Funky Town at the time) but fuck knows where I got the first one. Got the bus home and swayed so much I was on the deck every time we went round a corner.

Remember going out for a drink with my dad and uncle when I was about 15. After a few rounds my dad offered to lend me a tenner but I remember thinking what would I need that for when they're getting the drinks in. Walking back Hylton Road way and I hoyed my dinner up right outside someone's door. Sorry.

16, some boozer outside Boston, on the way to a Bishop Auckland away game.

16, I can remember being in the pub that used to be in the side of where the Point is now (Liberties?) and the pub that's now Sinatra's (Funky Town at the time) but fuck knows where I got the first one. Got the bus home and swayed so much I was on the deck every time we went round a corner.

Remember going out for a drink with my dad and uncle when I was about 15. After a few rounds my dad offered to lend me a tenner but I remember thinking what would I need that for when they're getting the drinks in. Walking back Hylton Road way and I hoyed my dinner up right outside someone's door. Sorry.
The painted wagon but that might be too far back

Back