How old were you when you bought your first pint....

Not too often, usually go in there as a meeting point before getting a taxi to shields etc.
I was just wondering if any of my old Bronx Posse still got in there. :cool:They'd all fucked off to the Green Baize last I was up there, can't blame them, it was a reet shithole.

And do you remember where you were?

I was 15 years old, about 3 months shy of my 16th birthday. Bought from Tebay services on the way to watch us play Liverpool in 1991.

None of your 'Challenge 25' nonsense back then ;)
Just turned 15. Went to Luna and Oslo in the town for a pint in each and then got the bus home. Couldn't believe I got in tbh

15 but can’t remember whether it was The Ox and Plough in Washington or William IV in Birtley. Both of those became our regular haunts at that age because we knew we could get served.

Wifey in the William once asked if she’d seen our IDs before, cue us all nervously stuttering and looking at each other until she interrupted and said “ahh well if anybody asks, I’ve seen it”.

In England*, 15. Blue Bell, High Usworth, Washington.

We'd ditch our school jumpers at my mams on the way from school (usworth) and go buy a pint in the bell and attack the free lunch buffet on the pool table dressed in black shoes/trousers and a white shirt and whatever coat/jacket we had.

They went mental 3 years later when I went in on my 18th birthday.

*first ever about a year earlier in france. Although I don't think it was a pint... probably a bottle or similar sized beer.

*edit* the blue bell thing was on a lunch time. We tried on an evening with different staff and got slung out

Back