How old were you when you bought your first pint....

I used to work as a sort of ‘warden’ for undergraduate halls of residence (student digs) when I was a post grad and the first person I ever had to restrain due to them being absolutely fucked and trying to attack another student was an American exchange student. It is fun when they come over here and their alcohol tolerance is extremely low :lol:

The end of the story is that the ‘5-0’ came and arrested him on suspicion of actual bodily harm.

Reminds me of being down town and an Amercian kid was there, looked soft as shit. He got ID'ed and pulled out his American wresting team card, WTF, this lad posing in a leotard :)

I used to work as a sort of ‘warden’ for undergraduate halls of residence (student digs) when I was a post grad and the first person I ever had to restrain due to them being absolutely fucked and trying to attack another student was an American exchange student. It is fun when they come over here and their alcohol tolerance is extremely low :lol:

The end of the story is that the ‘5-0’ came and arrested him on suspicion of actual bodily harm.
:lol:

The way you fuckers drink is legendary. I feel sorry for any American who is stupid enough to try and keep up.

:lol:

The way you fuckers drink is legendary. I feel sorry for any American who is stupid enough to try and keep up.

God knows what he’d been drinking. Was a very weird situation where I was contacted by University security to go down to a fight that was happening. Arguably they shouldn’t have done that as it wasn’t within what I was expected to deal with. I’d thought my job was reassuring people who were homesick and pointing people in the right direction if they were worried about money.

I was just closer than them basically. Found myself having to get between this lanky kid from Iowa who was trying to attack someone they’d already hit with a beer bottle without assaulting him myself.

The police officer absolutely nailed him with a rugby tackle as well which was amusing to see :lol:

14 - maybe 13. 1968/69. Guinness. Upstairs at The Smugglers Arms (Corner House) in Annfield Plain. We went there with our LPs and played records. Looking back it was like a Youth Club with alcohol.

The older lads I was with drank Guinness so I did. Not very much of it. But it all went down in one lump.

20 when I first started drinking pints! And a friend and I were chucked out of a pub (the one that used to be opposite Newcastle Library?) for apparently not being old enough. I was a duffel coat wearing student.

However I was probably buying halves when I was 16 and wearing a lot of make up. :)
To be fair, it is easier for lasses. Low cut top, little flirting, can get away with murder.

16 The Golden Lion Pub @ Houghton. Cider then to end the night a curry toastie, happy times.

Worst one, being turned away from the Tuxedo Princess when I was 21 because I didn't look old enough, I was well cheesed. Perhaps given reports of the Tux it was a blessing, I boycotted it and so never sampled it's delights. :D

16 or 17 at the old snooker club in Durham. You had to sign in but it was completely pointless as you didn’t have to show ID and just put any date in the book.

Back