How much spending money do you have each month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming the cost of living is pretty high? What % of your net goes on things like rent/mortgage or a car, out of interest?
House(s): 4k, Car: 1.2k, electricity, insurance, broadband, phone, etc: 1k, food, gifts, clothes, etc. ca. 1.8k

£15k a year on a car, can't you just import one, presuming they cost a silly amount there?

I need a big (expensive) car for a family of 6 + 2 dogs. You could get a VW Up! for 1/8th of that

Interesting. I've been offered secondments over there and have been seriously tempted.

You pay tax on it whether you import it or not iirc.

It's my costs that are unusual here - not the salary. If you can get on the 3 year ex-pat tax (25%) you're set. Can't buy a house, though - have to rent.

Last edited:
Pay £1000 each into account to cover all household bills , groceries , birthdays, Christmas and holidays excluding spending money - rest is ours to spend as we choose. I pay for car expenses as I’m the only driver for now
Can he still not drive???

After I've put petrol in the car, not a great deal after all the bills and debt repayment. Such is life.

We have an ok house in a nice area, which is priority for us so mustn't grumble.

After paying all me bills and the amount I need to get is through the week at work etc End of the month i have about 250/300 to play with. Normally paying a holiday off or it's someone's birthday so never see much.

According to my spreadsheet I should have exactly £1771.94, yet it remains a mystery to me how the fuck a week away from pay day I don’t have a pot to piss in and have no savings at all!

A wife, 3 kids and now a dog may be the reason mind!

Not enough once I've paid all the bills, but just enough to keep me going back to work.

I've recently moved country so I'm still finding my feet

According to my spreadsheet I should have exactly £1771.94, yet it remains a mystery to me how the fuck a week away from pay day I don’t have a pot to piss in and have no savings at all!

A wife, 3 kids and now a dog may be the reason mind!
When I was in the army I would get around £2k in my bank. I'd have no rent to pay and very little outgoings (bills wise) however it's still a mystery to me how I ended up with nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back