How much spending money do you have each month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no! That's still the same issue

It implies you must get rid of it.
Do people really see money as something which has an expiry date by which point it must be gone?
My money just goes into the bank, and whenever I want something, I know there's money available for it

Yes, I'm lucky in that respect that the money is there - but as well, its there because I don't see leftover money as "disposable".

Rob the Brick is like that. money literally burns holes in his pockets and he has to spend it on some tat

Do people really see money as something which has an expiry date by which point it must be gone?
My money just goes into the bank, and whenever I want something, I know there's money available for it

Yes, I'm lucky in that respect that the money is there - but as well, its there because I don't see leftover money as "disposable".

To be fair I save a bit and overpay mortgage a bit so although I treat it as disposable I’m being sensible on the other hand

No idea, I think I stopped having spending money when I got a job, as money is money. Just because you have an excess doesn't necessarily make it spending money. Savings, isas etc etc could all be said to be spending money not that you'd necessarily spend them.
I suppose when all the mortgages are gone and you've nought to pay except household bills then it becomes free cash

We save for us and the kids and over pay our mortgage. The rest of what's left can be wasted on enjoying things we like doing each month.

Leave myself about 800quid to waste - generally have cash left at the end of the month so that goes in the kids savings

Look at me, shit loads to buy whatever I want, whenever I want, pathetic.

Leave myself about 800quid to waste - generally have cash left at the end of the month so that goes in the kids savings

That's a lot of czech beer there.

After paying off bills,loans,rent etc..how much do you have to spend?

I reckon on average I have around £1,500
What do you count as "bills"?

are shopping money / online subscriptions / diesel top ups / holiday savings for next year / christmas fund / etc counted as bills?

If they count as bills, then I don't actually have that much left to be honest

What do you count as "bills"?

are shopping money / online subscriptions / diesel top ups / holiday savings for next year / christmas fund / etc counted as bills?

If they count as bills, then I don't actually have that much left to be honest

I doubt many people count shopping money and holidays and stuff as bills like.

Varies. It depends on how much I earn per month and how much I have to pay out on essentials and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back