How much do you spend on shopping per week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of it is down to being organised and not buying stuff you don't need/that will go off before you can eat it.

Doesn't sound like, people are using a chicken to feed themselves for a week. I'd flatten that in one sitting usually. Also, couldn't be arsed with all the planning and checking prices painstakingly. If I see it and fancy it it's going in the trolley.

As I said earlier in the thread, we spent at least thirty quid a week just on fruit. And I wouldn't have eggs unless free range, for example, quality over price and all that (and I like the idea that the bird might have played football and enjoyed it's little life).

Each to their own mind.

No way to live that like.

What isn't?

Doesn't sound like, people are using a chicken to feed themselves for a week. I'd flatten that in one sitting usually. Also, couldn't be arsed with all the planning and checking prices painstakingly. If I see it and fancy it it's going in the trolley.

Leftover chicken for sandwiches for work, it's just a lunch like, I'm hardly sucking at the bones for nutrition. If you eat a whole chicken yourself in one sitting then well done. I don't need a KG of meat for a meal like.

5 of you... only equates to £20 each a week so under £3 a person a day.. not bad

Aye, if you break it down like that. But two of them are at school for one meal and the eldest of them is 4. :lol:

Saying that, £100pw isn't bad really.

What isn't?

Leftover chicken for sandwiches for work, it's just a lunch like, I'm hardly sucking at the bones for nutrition. If you eat a whole chicken yourself in one sitting then well done. I don't need a KG of meat for a meal like.

Just sounds like an arse on, planning and hunting out bargains all the time etc. Suppose I'd maybe feel differently if I had five mouths to feed (well I'd have no other choice I guess).

Thanks mate.

As I said earlier in the thread, we spent at least thirty quid a week just on fruit. And I wouldn't have eggs unless free range, for example, quality over price and all that (and I like the idea that the bird might have played football and enjoyed it's little life).

Each to their own mind.

pretty much all eggs are freerange and reasonably priced.. I do a dozen large ones for about £2 a week. as it happens they are all labelled as barn eggs at the moment as they are indoors due to avian flu or something.

£30 a week on fruit... must be buying loads of blueberries etc. I probably do 10-15 on fruit. more int he summer when it is plentiful

just because it has a base ingredient doesn't mean it has to be the same meal.

carcass of a roast chicken becomes the base for a thai chicken broth for example. add lemongrass, chili, garlic, ginger etc,,, some noodles and voila.
I hate Thai chicken. Nothing against foreigners but don't like their food.

Just sounds like an arse on, planning and hunting out bargains all the time etc. Suppose I'd maybe feel differently if I had five mouths to feed (well I'd have no other choice I guess).

Thanks mate.

No planning required, I just add a large chicken to my basket along with everything else. £100 per week is a canny bit really, it's hardly the level at which you have to hunt out bargains or meal plan and shit.

As I said already, three of those five mouths are aged 4 and under and two of them get a two course meal at school.

pretty much all eggs are freerange and reasonably priced.. I do a dozen large ones for about £2 a week. as it happens they are all labelled as barn eggs at the moment as they are indoors due to avian flu or something.

£30 a week on fruit... must be buying loads of blueberries etc. I probably do 10-15 on fruit. more int he summer when it is plentiful

Yup, it does. Live on fruit throughout the day tbf.

No planning required, I just add a large chicken to my basket along with everything else. £100 per week is a canny bit really, it's hardly the level at which you have to hunt out bargains or meal plan and shit.

A ton on a week on five people sounds like rations to me. I'm having a word with the missus.

Yup, it does. Live on fruit throughout the day tbf.

What fruit? I only buy bananas and apples. Eat one banana for breakfast and one before going on a run every day, have an apple as a snack. Comes to about €4 a week, if that I think.

Our lass buys raspberries and grapes though, can't get over how expensive they are for what you get.

Each to their own mind.

It takes minimal planning, you just make a list before you go, no need to check prices, do all our shopping at Aldi but if they don't have something I'll go to Morrisons.

I'd rather have the extra cash in my pocket than the supermarkets.

I get one meal for two out of a whole chicken, then 5 days worth of sandwiches for work with what's left from it too. Canny value for about £4. It probably had a shite life though. Always keep/use the stock too, makes a nice base.

I still manage to spend about £100pw on shopping, fuck knows how really, it mainly goes on the kids I reckon.
I could not eat like that, if I did I wouldn't crow about it.

A ton on a week on five people sounds like rations to me. I'm having a word with the missus.

You're thinking five adults I think. Kids who are under 4 and get fed a two course meal at school don't really cost much for actual meals. It's all the other shite they snack on like fruit and (heaven forbid food police) snacks etc.

What fruit? I only buy bananas and apples. Eat one banana for breakfast and one before going on a run every day, have an apple as a snack. Comes to about €4 a week, if that I think.

Our lass buys raspberries and grapes though, can't get over how expensive they are for what you get.

raspberries very expensive.. grapes are reasonable enough... get a decent sized bag for a couple of quid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back